+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which address to use.

cliffjona

Feb 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
Sent 19/Feb 2018, Received 23/Feb 2018
Sent off Application 23 Feb 2018. In July my Canadian wife moved back to Canada to set things up that side of the pond. now I plan to visit in October for a 5 month Visit, hoping my PR comes through while there, while we look for a house, ( she is renting an apartment at the moment), my question is, do I change my address on my application to the Canada address or do I change it to my Son's address, as I will be moving out of my rented house when I leave and using his as a postal address, I'm retiring end of September.

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
Sent off Application 23 Feb 2018. In July my Canadian wife moved back to Canada to set things up that side of the pond. now I plan to visit in October for a 5 month Visit, hoping my PR comes through while there, while we look for a house, ( she is renting an apartment at the moment), my question is, do I change my address on my application to the Canada address or do I change it to my Son's address, as I will be moving out of my rented house when I leave and using his as a postal address, I'm retiring end of September.
At the rate the process is going now I've seen people getting their application approved in 9 months. I would advice that your wait until the process is over and come into Canada as an immediate grant rather than a visitor. I know this is not the question you had asked but just thought I'd say something.
As for the address, if you do plan to finish up the process within Canada, then use the Canadian address

cliffjona

Feb 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
Thanks csarah 15, but that is not an option, spending 8 months without my Wife and visa versa just doesn't come in to it, infact whats the point, I know I can come for six months, so there really is no need to stay here. if it's nine months then great that's a bonus. Thanks for your reply.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Given assuming you will still be a visitor in October I personally would leave your application as is and use your Sons address. If you started your application in February a good chance might come through by October anyway. As for a 6 month visitor stay that is never guaranteed of course although pretty standard for visa exempts , don’t forget an ETA application though. Good luck anyway.

cliffjona

Feb 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
Bs65, I don't understand about the visitor visa never being guaranteed, Iv'e never had a problem before.
I still need to let them know I'm in Canada anyway? or is that not the case.
Sorry if i'm sounding stupid here, but what's the ETA application? or have I missed something.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Bs65, I don't understand about the visitor visa never being guaranteed, Iv'e never had a problem before.
I still need to let them know I'm in Canada anyway? or is that not the case.
Sorry if i'm sounding stupid here, but what's the ETA application? or have I missed something.
Are you a US citizen? If so, you do not need eTA.
For "visitor visa", I think Bs65 means a visitor visa doesn't guaranteed entry.

But it's a rare case for someone from US that doesn't have issue at the border to get a shorter stay.

cliffjona

Feb 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
No, I'm a UK citizen, yes talking to my wife I know what it is now they last for 5 years I believe , I already have one from my last visit, thanks.

Reactions: YVR123