+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which address (PO Box or Courier) and how to send the passport to CPP-O?

swahid

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Hello,

I've posted this question on the June 2012 board, but I'm starting a thread so that seniors from the other boards who have already gone through the process of sending their passport to CPP-O can chime in.

Do you know if it is okay to send the passport to CPP-O's courier address (i.e. 365 Laurier Avenue West) by Canada Post (Xpresspost or Priority with the the "Signature Required" option)? Or should anything being sent by Canada Post be addressed to the PO Box (9780)?

I was thinking about sending a next-day Priority Canada Post mail with the "Signature Required" option to 365 Laurier Avenue West; cause I figured one should not really ask for signature if sending to the PO Box.

Seniors please, any insights?

The instructions on the PPR email are as follows:

Please submit all documents by MAIL in a single package. Please quote your application number on your correspondence and send the package to one of the following addresses:

Canada Post:

CPP – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Courier:

CPP – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

CIC_is_slow

Aug 20, 2012
swahid said:
Hello,

I've posted this question on the June 2012 board, but I'm starting a thread so that seniors from the other boards who have already gone through the process of sending their passport to CPP-O can chime in.

Do you know if it is okay to send the passport to CPP-O's courier address (i.e. 365 Laurier Avenue West) by Canada Post (Xpresspost or Priority with the the "Signature Required" option)? Or should anything being sent by Canada Post be addressed to the PO Box (9780)?

I was thinking about sending a next-day Priority Canada Post mail with the "Signature Required" option to 365 Laurier Avenue West; cause I figured one should not really ask for signature if sending to the PO Box.

Please submit all documents by MAIL in a single package. Please quote your application number on your correspondence and send the package to one of the following addresses:

Canada Post:

CPP – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Courier:

CPP – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
Send your passport by xpresspost to :
CPP – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

and dont forget to include a return prepaid xpresspost enveloppe that states your adress in the "to" field so that you get your passport back

Sunapr

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14,2012
AOR Received.
Sep 5,2012
Med's Request
Jan 3,2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21,2013
Passport Req..
March 22,2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 10,2013
LANDED..........
May 10,2013
It CLEARLY says

CANADA POST:

CPP – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swahid said:
Hello,

Canada Post:

CPP – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Courier:

CPP – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
Swahid, I just got my PPR, which way did you use to send the passport to Ottawa, please advise..

green_dc

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-03-2013
Xpresspost is considered as a courier.
So when you go to a Canada post, if you choose to send it by Xresspost (not the regular mail), then use the full actual address of CPP-O, not the PO Box number. Because I was told to use the courier address for the Xpresspost at a Canada Post when i sent my application.

But again, better to check it with the post officer before you put the address on it.

Sunapr said:
It CLEARLY says

CANADA POST:

CPP – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
green_dc said:
Xpresspost is considered as a courier.
So when you go to a Canada post, if you choose to send it by Xresspost (not the regular mail), then use the full actual address of CPP-O, not the PO Box number. Because I was told to use the courier address for the Xpresspost at a Canada Post when i sent my application.
No, Xpresspost is not a courier, it is Canada Post. It is the ONLY rapid delivery method that can deliver to a PO Box.

But honestly, I don't see why Xpresspost wouldn't also deliver to the street address.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the replies guys, can you check the below thread as well and advise...In the meanwhile, I will wait for some more answers on to which address to send it to..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/very-urgent-please-advise-got-my-passport-request-today-t163065.0.html

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
jes_ON said:
No, Xpresspost is not a courier, it is Canada Post. It is the ONLY rapid delivery method that can deliver to a PO Box.

But honestly, I don't see why Xpresspost wouldn't also deliver to the street address.
I agree, I use Xpresspost all the time.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seniors, any more inputs please...I am waiting to send my passports...

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Opening a Old related thread

Got PPR email today
My q is should I send passport to P.O. OR COURIER ADDRESS, (I am sending via Canada Post prepaid Xpress) I need to send to which address:
here is what email says :
"Submit all documents by MAIL in a single package. Quote your application number on your correspondence and send the package to one of the following addresses:

Canada Post:
CPC – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Courier:
CPC – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1"

please suggest

Waiting for input

Thanks