+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Whether to go through Ontario PNP or wait for EE next draw?

info4sourav

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Hi,

My wife & I,have recently created an EE profile, where the overall score shown is 455. The very next day of creating the profile, my wife received a message from Ontario Govt that they are considering herself for a nomination under Ontario PNP.

After going through the details, it is found that there is an application fee of $1500 for Ontario PNP,which I guess, is over and above the normal immigration fees through Express Entry (is it so?).

My question is, whether we should spend this money and try our luck through the PNP or wait for more time, for the next draw of Express entry?
How about the chances of getting an ITA with a score of 455.

Pls advise.

Thanks & regards

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
info4sourav said:
Hi,

My wife & I,have recently created an EE profile, where the overall score shown is 455. The very next day of creating the profile, my wife received a message from Ontario Govt that they are considering herself for a nomination under Ontario PNP.

After going through the details, it is found that there is an application fee of $1500 for Ontario PNP,which I guess, is over and above the normal immigration fees through Express Entry (is it so?).

My question is, whether we should spend this money and try our luck through the PNP or wait for more time, for the next draw of Express entry?
How about the chances of getting an ITA with a score of 455.

Pls advise.

Thanks & regards
Well the scores have gone down to 450 in past but recently they are 460 . If u want to wait you can wait till March but I advise you to accept ON so that its sure to get ITA in 90 days. 1500 is into a big deal if u reach their early it can pay you much more. Nobody can predict changes in system after new govt. has taken over. So its good to accept it.

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
I ll say wait till 10th Feb. Scores should touch 455 at least. if not then go for PNP

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Based on several reports I believe the scores are bound to decrease. You are at 455. If not in the 2016 1st draw you have chances of an ITA
2. Let's not hesitate to pay 1500. Its worth it.
3. You have time to accept the PT. Meanwhile every body is waiting for the 1st draw. Lets hope you will be lucky

Good luck

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your scores looks really good.

However in the mean while, just gather all the documents needed by Ontario PNP and keep them ready. The deadline to submit docs is 45 days. If you don't see any luck coming, then apply for Ontario PNP before 45 days expiry.

Don't lose any opportunity.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
well it will be 21 days this time for a draw. and nothing less than 475 is expected. it will again take few months to reduce with this pace. After 45 days the ON invitation will expire. Choice is yours.

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
There is possibility of a draw being undertaken at your score. You can also take into the consideration the fact that once your apply for nomination it will take 3 months of processing time of your application from there to get a nomination.

ONLY MY OPINION because I was in the same situation as you a few months ago. I suggest you wait until the last moment to make this decision. In the meanwhile get all your documents ready for the nomination and go ahead only at the last moment. I think that is a risk you can take.

sanddip

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
Nomination.....
23-09-2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
01-03-2017
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You are lucky and got a good score man, If I were you I would have accepted the ITA ;D

info4sourav

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Thanks everyone for your valuable advice.

Any idea about when will the next Express entry draw be held?

Regards..

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
info4sourav said:
Thanks everyone for your valuable advice.

Any idea about when will the next Express entry draw be held?

Regards..
Based on last 5-6 months of 2015, a draw may be held on 08 January 2016.

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
don't file oinp application yet but keep all your documents ready. wait till last moment like 7-8 days left for nomination to expire. if you do not get ITA by then, apply for oinp.

info4sourav

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Hi friends,

Now that the latest draw results are out and 461 is the new cut off score,do you advise me to wait till the next draw that may take place by the 4th week of Jan'16 or arrange the documents and apply for the Ontario PNP?

My only area of apprehension is that it would take some time send the documents and I may not wait too long after the next draw.

Regards,

Sourav

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
info4sourav said:
Hi friends,

Now that the latest draw results are out and 461 is the new cut off score,do you advise me to wait till the next draw that may take place by the 4th week of Jan'16 or arrange the documents and apply for the Ontario PNP?

My only area of apprehension is that it would take some time send the documents and I may not wait too long after the next draw.

Regards,

Sourav
No one here can answer this query accurately as their are no trends on cut offs and neither any factual data to corroborate so.

Here what you can do logically: start preparing/collecting your documents (as the documents are more or less similar for both ontario and cic) and leave 10 days as a safety net to dispatch your documents to Ontario if you don't receive ITA in next draw.

Here's the hard fact, PR via Ontario route is cold, lonely, slow and long. 3-4 months to receive nomination and another 4-5 to receive PR.

You have to take calculative risk of opting for Ontario or on contrary reject this route altogether and sit tight to wait the score to drop. (which no one here can predict - take my word for it)

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
info4sourav said:
Hi friends,

Regards,

Sourav
1. Let us suppose you got PT letter on 5th Jan. So this OINP offer expires on 20th Feb. I think by 13th Feb you should mail them all documents with OINP form if you do not get ITA by then.

2. If you do not bother spending 1500 CAD, then send OINP application tomorrow.