+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Whether ongoing Quebec job eligible for arranged employment express entry points?

Raw_Know

May 21, 2017
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi All!!!,
I am currently working in a Quebec company for last 3 months on work permit ( valid till 2019 Jul) having valid LMIA.
Am I eligible to earn extra 50 CRS points for arranged employment?
However my job offer does not mention about any one/two year contract.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All!!!,
I am currently working in a Quebec company for last 3 months on work permit ( valid till 2019 Jul) having valid LMIA.
Am I eligible to earn extra 50 CRS points for arranged employment?
However my job offer does not mention about any one/two year contract.
You can try your luck without such information but just fyi another applicant got recently rejected for not having the offer for "one year after PR"

Another issue for you if you are going to go via Express Entry route is the fact that you are currently residing in Quebec so you better have a strong argument and proof of your intention to reside outside such province.

Reactions: sam_dawkins

Raw_Know

May 21, 2017
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Thanks DelPiero07 for prompt response.
So does that mean , I can only apply for EE after 1 year of working experience in Quebec under CEC?
Yes your 2nd point is still pertinent after 1 yr also. I need to have a strong justification.
So do people get a PR under EE after working for an year in Quebec or most get rejected?
Does it make sense to try for Ontaraio PNP now to get those additional points and then try for EE?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh, whether you have a valid job offer or not does not mean you can apply right away for PR. You must meet the eligibility criteria of the CEC program (a year of full-time skilled work experience) in order to have an eligible EE profile in the first place.

Getting your work experience in Quebec is not the problem whatsoever, the issue is that you are residing in Quebec.

Raw_Know

May 21, 2017
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Actually I got those 50 points and made my total reach 458 ( not under CEC), when I opted for I have a valid job offer and selected less than 1 yr of Canada job experience in another dropdown.
But I reverted back fearing I might get rejected.

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
After one year of your Quebec job experience if you move to another province and apply using the quebec job experience then there would not be any issue under CEC EE. However as @DelPiero07 said while living in Quebec if you apply for EE then there is a chance that you might get rejected.