+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where will the final interview take place? Sponsorship Application from Outside Canada

aysemelodi

Apr 7, 2017
Hello,

I am sponsoring my husband under the Family Class and we have applied from outside of Canada. We are at the last stages of the residency application process. I have moved to Canada with my son who is Canadian and my husband will join us in a couple weeks to help us settle in before he receives his residency. So, he will be coming to Canada as a tourist.

I was wondering where (in which country) the final interview will take take place? Will he do the final interview in Canada? Or does he have to return to his home country and have it there?

Thank you...
Appreciate your advice and help.

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
Has a decision been made on his application? Has he been told he will need an interview? Not everyone will be invited for an interview.

aysemelodi

Apr 7, 2017
Has a decision been made on his application? Has he been told he will need an interview? Not everyone will be invited for an interview.
Hello thanks for your reply.

No, a decision has not been made about his case. He was not asked to come to an interview. Ok...so not everyone is called for an interview. That's good. Hopefully he won't be called for one. He will be visiting us in a couple weeks!

We have been requested to send the final documents needed (example: proof that I, the spouse, am living in Canada etc. Proof that we can support each other financially etc etc..) to the Ankara visa office via email. Our application is at the final stages and is at the Turkish Embassy now for processing.

So, if he doesn't get called for an interview, is there a meeting in Canada before he gets his permanent residency?

And, if he DOES get called for an interview, it will take place in Ankara, Turkey is that correct?

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
I'm not a 100% sure but i believe he has to go to a port of entry to finalize his PR, like a border crossing, airport, etc. The immigrations officers there should take care of the paperwork and let him into Canada as a Permanent Resident, so basically it whats they call Flag polling, he leaves the country and comes back in. If he does get a request for an interview from the visa office it will most likely be at the VO or in his home country.

aysemelodi

Apr 7, 2017
I'm not a 100% sure but i believe he has to go to a port of entry to finalize his PR, like a border crossing, airport, etc. The immigrations officers there should take care of the paperwork and let him into Canada as a Permanent Resident, so basically it whats they call Flag polling, he leaves the country and comes back in. If he does get a request for an interview from the visa office it will most likely be at the VO or in his home country.
Ok thank you for your reply:)