+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to validate CoPR within Canada?

bluelagoon019

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
chesterbr said:
Thanks kaytea and everyone. Just to register here, I've successfully crossed the bridge to land (and spent a great time in Niagra - cold, but no crowds, being able to go anywhere without lines beats good weather for me :) ).

One thing worth mentioning: Even though I had an Arranged Employment Offer, the immigration officer needed either a proof of my current employment or a proof of funds - which I thought would only not be needed for an FSW with AEO, and did not have with me.

The (very polite and kind) officer gave me all the time I needed to figure out, and would accept pretty much anything from the company or the bank, even in digital form, so I used my phone to get to my company's payroll system and download a payment slip, which was deemed proof enough, so for all effects, I'm a permanent resident now! Cheers.
Good to know it. :)
I live in Calgary, so how can I land when I get COPR?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bluelagoon019 said:
Good to know it. :)
I live in Calgary, so how can I land when I get COPR?
Either phone the call centre and make an appointment for CIC Calgary, or make your way to the border.

bluelagoon019

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
PMM said:
Either phone the call centre and make an appointment for CIC Calgary, or make your way to the border.
Do you guys know how long will it take to wait for an appointment with local CIC office recently?
I'm waiting for my passport return for instance, so I'd better to start thinking of landing