+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to take the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) for Citizenship

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am about to apply for my Canadian Citizenship, I am currently a PR within Canada and moved over from the UK several years ago.

When completing the app it states need a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 or Higher. Where do I take this test?

Online it states either IELTS or CELPIP... which one is easier? And I only need to do a Speaking and Listening test.

You need to reach level 4 or higher to apply for citizenship. We use your documents to determine if you have reached this level for speaking and listening in English or French.

Last edited:

Musman916

Jul 29, 2014
Hello,

I am about to apply for my Canadian Citizenship, I am currently a PR within Canada and moved over from the UK several years ago.

When completing the app it states need a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 or Higher. Where do I take this test?

Online it states either IELTS or CELPIP... which one is easier? And I only need to do a Speaking and Listening test.

You need to reach level 4 or higher to apply for citizenship. We use your documents to determine if you have reached this level for speaking and listening in English or French.
You can give any, either IELTS/CELPIP and then convert the point in CLB. The required level of CLB is very minimal and shouldn't be worried. Practice few IELTS Cambridge exams and that's all.