Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-02-2019
Ahhh good old Google Chrome was the hick-up..... IE worked :)

So now comes the fun bit......filling out the paperwork

SO another load of questions:

Having read through the expat Forum..... it says that if I file an Outland application now, travel as a visitor to Canada before the application has been approved, I would then have to do the Interview back where I originally filed the application in the first place (embassy).... is this correct?

Wouldn't be easier to go on a touristvisa with a return flight booked (6 month later) and do the application straight away on the day we land (inland) and get then the application rolling for a work permit??

I will apply for the police records from the UK and Germany now and get all the translations done over there at the same time seeing as the Translators in Canada don't have to sign an affidavit unlike over here (or did I understand this wrong?).

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Yes, if you applied outland, you would need to do the interview outside of Canada. However, keep in mind that not everyone is called for an interview. In general, people with straight-forward applications typically are not called for an interview, whereas people who have "red flags" in their application, (or people who come from countries with higher rates of marriage fraud, particularly countries that are "third world" where the PA has much to gain by coming to Canada) it's much more common. Being from Germany/Ireland, it's not as likely (unless your application came with other red flags and the officer was not satisfied as to the legitimacy of your relationship). Of course, nobody here can say for sure whether you'd be called for an interview or not, but if your relationship is very straight-forward it's probably not a concern. For example, we are USA-Canada and being called for an interview in that situation is virtually unheard of - again, unless there are other red flags.

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
I will apply for the police records from the UK and Germany now and get all the translations done over there at the same time seeing as the Translators in Canada don't have to sign an affidavit unlike over here (or did I understand this wrong?).
As long as they are certified/official translators, the affidavit is not necessary. An official translator would have a stamp/seal that they would put along with their signature, that would be enough. Many official translators wouldn't give you an affidavit, as they already kind of do that with their stamp/seal.
Also, remember that the only way you can apply for an open work permit is through inland sponsorship, which you can only file if you are living in Canada with your husband. You should consider what would be better for you, if inland or outland. If you apply outland and you go to Canada as a tourist while you wait for the process to be over, you will not be able to work in Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ahhh good old Google Chrome was the hick-up..... IE worked :)

So now comes the fun bit......filling out the paperwork

SO another load of questions:

Having read through the expat Forum..... it says that if I file an Outland application now, travel as a visitor to Canada before the application has been approved, I would then have to do the Interview back where I originally filed the application in the first place (embassy).... is this correct?

Wouldn't be easier to go on a touristvisa with a return flight booked (6 month later) and do the application straight away on the day we land (inland) and get then the application rolling for a work permit??

You have pretty much no chance of being called for an interview, so don't even factor that into your decision.

If you are planning to come around April, I suggest applying outland now. You would likely be a PR around August. If you wait and apply inland in April, you are looking at June-August just to receive the OWP.

Biny_1982

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-02-2019
Ok so his children (even though they are not coming with us to Canada) have to be included in this application (medicals and police checks for them also), however I just noticed on the expat website that we would need their canadian citizen details (see below copy of expat site) if we want to leave them out but that brings a complete different problem as in order to leave them out we would have to get their canadian citizenship certificates (which we would need to apply for). Either way we get a problem as one of his kids has no contact with him whatsoever so cant get a medical for that one or photos and birth certificate etc to get a canadian citizen certificate, and the mother of his two youngest probably won't consent to a medical for her kids... or give us any of the required documents. So what do I have to do?

"I have a child who is Canadian. Do they need to be included on my application form?
No. Canadian children do not need to be sponsored, and should not be included on your application. This article from CIC helps determine whether your child is already Canadian: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=365&top=5

It is strongly recommended you get your child's Canadian paperwork in order (citizenship certificate, passport) before you move to Canada.

Non-Canadian children DO need to be included on your application.

edit]I have determined that my child is Canadian, but I have no official proof of that. What do I do?[/paste:font]
Get the application started NOW to get your proof for your child in order. This means first applying for the child's Citizenship Certificate, then after that applying for their passport.

You do not have to have either of the above documents to submit your sponsorship application, though. Just write a note to explain that your child is Canadian and you have applied for their proof and can provide it once you receive it if necessary."

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ok so his children (even though they are not coming with us to Canada) have to be included in this application (medicals and police checks for them also), however I just noticed on the expat website that we would need their canadian citizen details (see below copy of expat site) if we want to leave them out but that brings a complete different problem as in order to leave them out we would have to get their canadian citizenship certificates (which we would need to apply for). Either way we get a problem as one of his kids has no contact with him whatsoever so cant get a medical for that one or photos and birth certificate etc to get a canadian citizen certificate, and the mother of his two youngest probably won't consent to a medical for her kids... or give us any of the required documents. So what do I have to do?

"I have a child who is Canadian. Do they need to be included on my application form?
No. Canadian children do not need to be sponsored, and should not be included on your application. This article from CIC helps determine whether your child is already Canadian: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=365&top=5

It is strongly recommended you get your child's Canadian paperwork in order (citizenship certificate, passport) before you move to Canada.

Non-Canadian children DO need to be included on your application.

edit]I have determined that my child is Canadian, but I have no official proof of that. What do I do?[/paste:font]
Get the application started NOW to get your proof for your child in order. This means first applying for the child's Citizenship Certificate, then after that applying for their passport.

You do not have to have either of the above documents to submit your sponsorship application, though. Just write a note to explain that your child is Canadian and you have applied for their proof and can provide it once you receive it if necessary."
The Canadian children of the sponsor are NOT INCLUDED in the application as dependents and they do not need medicals. They are simply listed on a few forms. Include a letter of explanation as to why they don't have Certificates of Citizenship; include their birth certificates and your partner's birth certificate as proof of citizenship instead.

Biny_1982

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-02-2019
The Canadian children of the sponsor are NOT INCLUDED in the application as dependents and they do not need medicals. They are simply listed on a few forms. Include a letter of explanation as to why they don't have Certificates of Citizenship; include their birth certificates and your partner's birth certificate as proof of citizenship instead.
But there is the problem about getting those. His oldest daughter hasn't spoken to him in 10 years. And I don't think the mother of his youngest two would hand them out to us to be honest.

Biny_1982

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-02-2019
Hello it's me again.....

ok so we can get all the kids birth certificates at the city hall and write a support letter as to why they don't have canadian citizenship etc.... so that's that problem out of the way for starters (well I hope so anyway).

Like Ive said my partner hasn't got a job offer yet over there and reading through the expats link he would probably not be able to sponsor me if he has dependents over here that would have to be financially supported by him (youngest son), however when they got divorced it was agreed that he hasn't got to pay child support in lieu of his ex wife keeping the house and not buying him out. Would the financial settlement where it states that be helpful in any way?? Alternatively his cousin owns 3 businesses over in Toronto and would be willing to sponsor me if he wasn't able to. Any ideas??

Biny_1982

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-02-2019
Hi guys,

in the process of collecting all necessary documents so I reckon we will be able to file the application about January ish (waiting for my divorce to come through). If I apply outland (seeing as we are still here in the UK), but decide to move over by say May/June ish and PR isn't approved by then (you never know), will I still need a return ticket and will I just give the PR Application reference number when landing if I write double intent on staying on the landing card? Also would it impact my application in any way? I presume I would have to notify them somehow and let them know that I stay in Toronot then??

Your helpful answers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance