+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

where to settle... HELP

nooram2000

Jul 25, 2016
Hi,
We just received our landing visa and planing to land and settle in Canada in October..
we are family of 4, me (37 yrs) husband ( 45 yrs) and 2 daughters ( 14 & 15 yrs)
we born and living in Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates,Palestinian /Lebanese national, and speak Arabic/English ( no French )

we would like some suggestions on cities that would be suitable for my family to settle..

what we are looking for are:
- Quiet ,safe,friendly city
- affordable appartments/rent ( 2 bedroom appartment )
- Good environment for teenagers , schools/universities/activities
- Low crime
- Good transportation sytem
- Good hospitals
- Nature/Scenery
- job opportunities , low unemployment rate
- weather

we know that each city has it's cons & pros hence seeking your experiences and advises on best match with what we are looking for...

really appreciate your advise....

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
Hi there :)

Your question can't be really answered I believe because:

you'relooking for

- quiet : sounds more like a really small town, but no matter what city size you chose there can always be that one idiot neighbor :(
- safe : there is no safe place in this world anymore (yes, that's how I see it!)
- friendly : you'll find friendly people everywhere :) I love most of the people around me for being friendly most of the time!!
- affordable : well, depends on what affordable means to you... let me put it that way, you'll most likely spend a bit more for housing, because
it's worse it :)
- good environment for teenagers : again, that depends on what you're looking for by saying that!
- low crime : well, I don't know... oh wait do not move to Surrey, Abbotsford, Penticton, ...
- transportation system : living in Vancouver (sort of) I feel like they are way behind but if you have to use public transportation you'll get used to it
- good hospitals : I think in general they're all good - some people are more happy than others! I'm okay with it but only because I'm a spoiled German
- job opportunities : depends on you're education! I heard Vancouver is good for IT's, trades are welcomed pretty much everywhere, ...
- weather : Vancouver has two seasons --> summer and rain (lol), Winnipeg --> mosquitos and cold (snow), etc

I moved to Victoria 10 years ago and I dearly miss it!! To me it's the place to go (when I retire at least).

Good luck!!!

paolo1967

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 7 2015
Nomination.....
Jan 19 2015
AOR Received.
June 4 2015
Med's Request
Aug 19 2015
Med's Done....
Sept 10 2015
Passport Req..
April 26 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 23,2016
LANDED..........
July 2 2016
i believe you are looking for small town, avoid big cities and you will be fine. i have the same back ground and i am looking for same, i decieded to go to Moncton in New Brunswick as it has the most affordable houses in Canada.

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
Tri-Cities said:
Hi there :)

Your question can't be really answered I believe because:

you'relooking for

- quiet : sounds more like a really small town, but no matter what city size you chose there can always be that one idiot neighbor :(
- safe : there is no safe place in this world anymore (yes, that's how I see it!)
- friendly : you'll find friendly people everywhere :) I love most of the people around me for being friendly most of the time!!
- affordable : well, depends on what affordable means to you... let me put it that way, you'll most likely spend a bit more for housing, because
it's worse it :)
- good environment for teenagers : again, that depends on what you're looking for by saying that!
- low crime : well, I don't know... oh wait do not move to Surrey, Abbotsford, Penticton, ...
- transportation system : living in Vancouver (sort of) I feel like they are way behind but if you have to use public transportation you'll get used to it
- good hospitals : I think in general they're all good - some people are more happy than others! I'm okay with it but only because I'm a spoiled German
- job opportunities : depends on you're education! I heard Vancouver is good for IT's, trades are welcomed pretty much everywhere, ...
- weather : Vancouver has two seasons --> summer and rain (lol), Winnipeg --> mosquitos and cold (snow), etc

I moved to Victoria 10 years ago and I dearly miss it!! To me it's the place to go (when I retire at least).

Good luck!!!
How about Nova Scotia

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nooram2000 said:
- job opportunities
This is really the most important part because you can not live a happy life even in the best little town if you don't have a decent job with a livable income. I suggest to you that you start looking for jobs in your field right now. See where you have the best opportunities and try to make a good guess from that where you should settle. However, it's hard when you are coming with kids and the school year has already started. You need to enroll them in school but you need to be ready if your job ends up not being in the town you picked that you might have to move.

HeisenbergCanada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Family of 4...you'll need at least $30,000 for a year to survive...make sure you have enug savings!