+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to say the PA lives?

D&S

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
My partner and I recently got married, a month ago, but have been in a romantic, committed relationship since 2016. We now want to apply for his PR via spouse Outland (family class) because he can only be in Canada as a visitor...as has been the way since 2016. He goes back and forth from Germany where he resides with family or friends and then comes back to Canada to live with me. My question is where should he say he lives? He literally lives in Canada and Germany equally. We don't really have any joint accounts or property or anything because we were waiting until his PR comes through to do so because then he can be in Canada full time.

Also, if all goes well, I (we) will be submitting the application in December and he will actually be in Germany at that time....he won't actually be 'living' in Canada again until February 2020.

Also, if we have to explain all of this, do I do so in the cover letter? or put an asterisk beside the question and attach a paper with footnotes?

Thank you for any advice!

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
You are doing an outland application. So his address is the one in germany. If you do an inland application, it will most likely be rejected since you have no joint account, no bills or rent together. Don't make it more complicated than it already is. Put his Germany address.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My partner and I recently got married, a month ago, but have been in a romantic, committed relationship since 2016. We now want to apply for his PR via spouse Outland (family class) because he can only be in Canada as a visitor...as has been the way since 2016. He goes back and forth from Germany where he resides with family or friends and then comes back to Canada to live with me. My question is where should he say he lives? He literally lives in Canada and Germany equally. We don't really have any joint accounts or property or anything because we were waiting until his PR comes through to do so because then he can be in Canada full time.

Also, if all goes well, I (we) will be submitting the application in December and he will actually be in Germany at that time....he won't actually be 'living' in Canada again until February 2020.

Also, if we have to explain all of this, do I do so in the cover letter? or put an asterisk beside the question and attach a paper with footnotes?

Thank you for any advice!
Use the address that he is actually at when you submit the app.

Reactions: D&S

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You are doing an outland application. So his address is the one in germany. If you do an inland application, it will most likely be rejected since you have no joint account, no bills or rent together. Don't make it more complicated than it already is. Put his Germany address.
Note that it is perfectly fine to give a Canadian address when someone is in Canada and applying outland.

Reactions: D&S and Qwertypod