+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to obtain certified copies and translations, in my non-English speaking country or in Canada?

Victor Manuel

May 8, 2018
Hello. I'm from Cuba. I'm applying through the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Project for a permanent residence in Canada. I have received a temporary work permit for 1 year from the province (New Brunswick) in which I found a job offer. Once in Canada, I'm required to apply for a permanent residence visa withing 90 days of receiving the working visa. If I get my Spanish documents a certified copy in Spanish by a Cuban notary and then perform an official translation by a Cuban translator (both steps recognized by Cuban government) . Could I use these documents to apply for permanent residence even though I would already be in Canada or these would only be valid if I applied for permanent residence while I'm still in Cuba? If I'm already in Canada must I apply with certified copies and translations performed by a Canadian notary/certified translator? If there are some documents whose copies can't be certified in Cuba because no Cuban notary is allowed to (only originals can be worked with) is it OK to make certified copies of these documents in Canada?

Last edited:

mumbai5

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Hello. I'm from Cuba. I'm applying through the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Project for a permanent residence in Canada. I have received a temporary work permit for 1 year from the province (New Brunswick) in which I found a job offer. Once in Canada, I'm required to apply for a permanent residence visa withing 90 days of receiving the working visa. If I get my Spanish documents a certified copy in Spanish by a Cuban notary and then perform an official translation by a Cuban translator (both steps recognized by Cuban government) . Could I use these documents to apply for permanent residence even though I would already be in Canada or these would only be valid if I applied for permanent residence while I'm still in Cuba? If I'm already in Canada must I apply with certified copies and translations performed by a Canadian notary/certified translator? If there are some documents whose copies can't be certified in Cuba because no Cuban notary is allowed to (only originals can be worked with) is it OK to make certified copies of these documents in Canada?
You need to have all docs translated to English. There are additional docs to be uploaded if you do translation from Non-Canadian translators.
http://www.docsbase.ca/
Visit this translators.

Mumbai5

Victor Manuel

May 8, 2018
You need to have all docs translated to English. There are additional docs to be uploaded if you do translation from Non-Canadian translators.
http://www.docsbase.ca/
Visit this translators.

Mumbai5
Thank you very much for your help. I will check the translators you suggested. What additional documents would I have to upload if I used a non-Canadian translator? Could you please name them? Please note that essentially, you are not answering my questions. We agree that documents need to be presented in English. Please answer: If I'm already in Canada under temporary working visa must I apply for permanent residence with certified copies and translations performed by a Canadian notary/certified translator or could I use the ones I made in my country?

mumbai5

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Thank you very much for your help. I will check the translators you suggested. What additional documents would I have to upload if I used a non-Canadian translator? Could you please name them? Please note that essentially, you are not answering my questions. We agree that documents need to be presented in English. Please answer: If I'm already in Canada under temporary working visa must I apply for permanent residence with certified copies and translations performed by a Canadian notary/certified translator or could I use the ones I made in my country?
I believe you need to upload additional notorized affidavit from the Non-Canadian translator declaring his proficiency in English translation capability.
I strongly recommend you to do more research on this.
I suggested an alternative where if you do all translation from Canadian Transalatos then you dont need to bother about this overhead.

Mumbai5

Reactions: Victor Manuel