+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to obtain a "Immigration Records Certificate"? Need help ASAP!!

dwong2018

Jun 12, 2018
Hi, I am currently living abroad in Japan -- and in order for me to obtain my Japanese Driver's license (my International License is expiring and I am living here for another year -- so therefore I need a Japanese driver's license to drive here for work purposes).

Anyways, I was told by the Japanese Driver's Licensing Officer that I need to prove that I have been living in Canada for the past 3 months before I moved to Japan last year in July. So, the one main document they are requesting is a copy of the "Immigration Records Certificate". Does anyone have any idea where I can obtain that real quickly (like within 1 week's time)? I'm on a deadline to obtain my license, so I can't do the full long version of obtaining this license in Japan. The reason this was requested was because I know Canada Customs official never stamps our passports whenever we exit or enter Canada --- and Japan Customs Officer didn't stamp my passport either. Therefore this has cause a lot of problem for me. I have been trying to search for this item to be obtain asap. But so far, to no avail!! So, please I need help ASAP and need to know immediately before this week ends (Need it by:June 16th 2018)!! So, anyone who knows what to do or can suggest any methods of proving my residency in Canada before moving to Japan would be helpful. I tried obtaining my Records of Employment -- but the previous company that I worked in Canada isn't willing to provide it to me!! So, I am desperately stuck on what else can I use to prove my residency. I normally live with my dad - so I don't pay rent nor utilities either...any help with this would be greatly appreciated!!

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
Well.. I'm here to give you something one day before your "deadline" of June 16th.

Anyways, I'm not sure how your residency in Canada has something to do with getting your driving license in Japan. If residency is a requirement in anyway it would be your Japanese residency, not some other country. It's possible that the officer from that licensing bureau has some reasons to ask you for such document which is not normally required or relevant so you have to discuss this with them first and ask for justification.