+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to move in Ontario for IT jobs?

yjay

May 1, 2014
Hello we got Ppr now we don't have any idea where to move in Ontario which city is good for an IT professional .. we are family of 5 .. when will we start getting child benefit ? Any one landed recently please guide

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Correct me if I am wrong but is the family not responsible for money? You get a child benefit after you file income tax. Nobody I have heard gives money away unless it is in the body of taxes.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should remain in a temporary apartment until you can secure a job. Would suggest applying all over Canada but in Ontario larger hubs of IT jobs are GTA, Ottawa, Kitchener-Waterloo. Montreal and Vancouver are the other hubs. You need to look at commuting when you factor in these jobs so before signing a 1 year lease it would be very helpful to know where you will be working or else you could end up spending 4+ hours commuting everyday and spending a lot of money on that commute. Also depends on what type of IT work you specialize in. Did you not do some research about jobs in your field before moving to Canada? Even apply for some jobs?

Yes you can apply for CCB. You will need to be prepared to show your international income for the past 2 years.

yjay

May 1, 2014
We got provincial nomination by Ontario so we must have to move in Ontario now we are confusedout cities my husband is business analyst +software tester

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We got provincial nomination by Ontario so we must have to move in Ontario now we are confusedout cities my husband is business analyst +software tester
Like anyone looking for a new job without something like home ownership tying you down you should apply to jobs in various cities. You actually don’t have to stay in Ontario once you land in Ontario. There are also a lot of factors to consider especially if you are dependent on one income. Is staying in the GTA feasible based on your budget and the lifestyle you want?

Feb 22, 2020
You are most likely going to land in Toronto, so get yourself a temporary residence and look for job. BA / Testing jobs are plenty in the GTA. Plus, there is a huge startup culture. Tech giants are opening up and hiring within GTA and Waterloo area. Start applying before you land, use LinkedIn to research and connect with professionals similar to your profession and the job titles you will be targeting. Request for their guidance and once you arrive, it will take you a few weeks before you really settle down, get adjusted with the neighbourhood / landscape, kids schools, SIN, OHIP, TTC and as you get settled, you will have to time to start the interview process. There is a lot of support out there, just remember to have a positive attitude and patience. Good luck!