+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to land in Provincial Nomination?

kash04

Jun 24, 2022
Hi everyone,

I have received my COPR via Nova Scotia PNP and we are planning to move to Halifax. I am currently living in Dubai and there are no direct flights from Dubai to Halifax. There is a connecting flight available via Toronto. I understand the immigration formalities will be done first in Toronto but would that be a problem since the city of destination mentioned in the COPR is Halifax?

Also, can I do self-connecting flights? What I mean is I book 2 separate flights (Dubai to Toronto and same day Toronto to Halifax). Would that be a problem with immigration? The reason I want to do that is I will be travelling with my dog and the co-operated flights are not allowing pets to travel.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have received my COPR via Nova Scotia PNP and we are planning to move to Halifax. I am currently living in Dubai and there are no direct flights from Dubai to Halifax. There is a connecting flight available via Toronto. I understand the immigration formalities will be done first in Toronto but would that be a problem since the city of destination mentioned in the COPR is Halifax?

Also, can I do self-connecting flights? What I mean is I book 2 separate flights (Dubai to Toronto and same day Toronto to Halifax). Would that be a problem with immigration? The reason I want to do that is I will be travelling with my dog and the co-operated flights are not allowing pets to travel.

Thanks
Yes you can land in Toronto and then continue to Halifax. You can book directly to Halifax. Just make sure you give yourself at least 3-4 hours in Toronto to go through immigration. You can buy 2 separate flights if needed to accommodate your dog.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
You might want to give yourself even more time to connect from Toronto to Halifax as there seem to be significant delays at airports due to staff shortages etc and so give yourself 3 - 4 hrs for immigration AND 3 hours minimum for connection (6 hrs total)...I know it seems like a long time but if there are any issues, you won't be stuck paying for another flight if you miss your connection

Reactions: canuck78