+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to go?!?! HELPP!

smookedtrout

Jan 12, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. I'm 16, and this summer I’m pretty sure I’m doing a 6-week summer exchange program. I know I want to go to North America, but I’m not sure what country to go to. I have to have 3 choices, and these are the countries I have to choose from...

Canada
Mexico
Costa Rica

I know my 1st choice is going to be Canada, and I'm not sure about the 2nd or 3rd choice
I was thinking maybe Mexico as a 2nd choice, then Costa Rica or Cuba as 3rd

Can someone who has traveled to these countries give me some advice?
I'm a 16-year-old girl, and I speak a little French (very little)
I want somewhere that I would have fun, and would give me a good experience

Thanks a lot!

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
What country are you coming from and what is the goal of the exchange? What do you hope to gain/accomplish from it? What areas of study interest you for your future? Information like that would help a lot for those assisting with your request.

Mar 10, 2010
Hi,

Canada is a great option! It is much more affordable than other English speaking countries. English is the main language in every city in Canada outside the province of Quebec, but even in Montreal most people speak English. There are schools all over Canada that are equally great, so the question becomes "what kind of city and lifestyle appeals to me."

I can recommend schools in big cities, in small towns, or in wilderness/natural settings. I can recommend cities that have a low cost of living (Winnipeg/Regina) or cities with more to offer but are more costly (Vancouver, Toronto).

There's a website that gives free academic assessments. All you have to do is fill out the questions and they will contact you with some helpful advice. It's free. The free application is at LoonsCanLearn-dot-com/apply.

Good luck! ;)