+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to get International Bank draft/ International Money order in US

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks,

Where can I get a Bank draft/MO in Canadian currency in US? Please let me know.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajanvnv said:
Folks,

Anyone from US please answer. How did you guys manage to get this?

stephiesob

Dec 18, 2014
Had the same problem and was told there is no other way but to buy international postal money order from USPS. It was sold to me in USD it came up to 1218 USD plus change so I rounded it off to 1220usd. I was told it will be paid to the recipient in the local currency. Guess this is our only way out besides USPS says it shouldn't be an issue

Aquarian25

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
stephiesob said:
Had the same problem and was told there is no other way but to buy international postal money order from USPS. It was sold to me in USD it came up to 1218 USD plus change so I rounded it off to 1220usd. I was told it will be paid to the recipient in the local currency. Guess this is our only way out besides USPS says it shouldn't be an issue
If you have got the money order issued in USD, it won't be accepted by OOPNP. They have clearly mentioned in the application guide that the draft should be in CAD only else your application will be returned.

Aquarian25

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
stephiesob said:
So how did u have yours done? Please help.
Since I have my bank account in Wells Fargo, so I have got a Foreign Draft issued in Canadian dollars for $1500. Most of the big banks which deals with Forex services, offers this service as well. You can visit your bank to find out if they issue foreign drafts.

stephiesob

Dec 18, 2014
Any way u r right just spoke with oopnp customer care they won't accept anything not in CAD because of fluctuating exchange rates will need to return my postal money order

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
rajanvnv said:
Folks,

ask your bank. they have to do it for you but they gonna charge a little bit or for MO go to Post Office or i'm not sure if it work find someone in canada and pay them in USD and they will send a MO to CIC under your name in CAD :)

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
rajanvnv said:
Folks,

if you have AE (american Express) they make International checks, drafts and MO so try thm as well.