+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

where to find cheap or social houses for a newcomer (PR)to Calgary?

chemleo

Feb 4, 2012
Hello,
I will in March this year be relocating (alone) to Calgary from Germany; does anyone know where I can get an affordable room, shared flat or a social shelter-especially for my first month while I struggle to locate a permanent room for myself?
Thanks for your response in advance!
Lio

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is craigslist, kijiji.ca and pay websites like roomate.ca but in order to avoid being scammed, it is better to meet the people and see the places before you make any agreements or pay any money.

If you need a place for the first couple of nights while you look for rooms, you can look into a hostel like http://www.hostelworld.com/findabed.php/ChosenCity.Calgary/ChosenCountry.Canada Once you are there, you can also look for rooms by going to the universities or colleges and look at their bulletin boards.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even if you meet the people and see the places, still there are chances are scams. Good luck!

Your best bet would be the rooms in universities and colleges.

mercy4all

Nov 19, 2011
steaky said:
Even if you meet the people and see the places, still there are chances are scams. Good luck!

Your best bet would be the rooms in universities and colleges.
Hi Steaky,
I want to clarify that can we get room in universities and colleges,without being a student?
How we can approach & how long can we rent?
I am in the same process,landing to calgary in last week of march alone,looking for shared ,affordable room.
Thanks