+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to download and how to fill IMM5257

nehailan

Jul 2, 2017
Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257)(required)

I downloaded the form - IMM5257 from Canada immigration website and filled it, saved, took a printout, signed and scanned. While uploading I get the following error.

I uploaded just the filled form without the printout, signature and scan and still I got the same error.

Could someone please let me know the right link to download this form and how to validate it?

The form could not be submitted because errors were found.
Error: We couldn't upload your file.
  • Error Description:
    Make sure you are using the latest application form from our website. You can get it by clicking on the link below.
    • Answer all questions on the form
    • Click on the validation button
    • Save it on your computer (as a PDF)
    • Upload the saved PDF document here

zobfish

Apr 15, 2018
The imm5257e form you downloaded should have a blue Validate button in the middle of the top of the first page. Once you've filled everything out, click it and it should pop up with a little window that says it succeeded (or not if you missed something). It will add a page at the end of the document with some barcodes that they use internally. Save the document. If you are applying online, you do not need to sign it. No need to print, sign, and scan back in. Just upload the form you just validated and saved. Once you finish your document checklist and proceed in the online forms, you'll be asked to sign digitally.

Good luck!

optimaxx

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
NOC Code......
The imm5257e form you downloaded should have a blue Validate button in the middle of the top of the first page. Once you've filled everything out, click it and it should pop up with a little window that says it succeeded (or not if you missed something). It will add a page at the end of the document with some barcodes that they use internally. Save the document. If you are applying online, you do not need to sign it. No need to print, sign, and scan back in. Just upload the form you just validated and saved. Once you finish your document checklist and proceed in the online forms, you'll be asked to sign digitally.

Good luck!
You need to go the official website and download the imm 5257 form. Just google it and it appears first in search.

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5257e.pdf