Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Where to buy new/used car from? not sure if dealers works better or a private sale..

any special requirments fo registrations? i.e, In Australia a car has to go throught a road worthy test ( checks engine, brakes, lights, windscreen, belts, vipers)

any laon options for new comers ?

Special consideration to few thigns before buying a car?

thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You buy new cars from a dealer and buy old from dealers or private sale.

The dealer can give you finance options or you can go to your bank for arrangement.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Haiderzaidi said:
Hi Guys,

Where to buy new/used car from? not sure if dealers works better or a private sale..

any special requirments fo registrations? i.e, In Australia a car has to go throught a road worthy test ( checks engine, brakes, lights, windscreen, belts, vipers)

any laon options for new comers ?

Special consideration to few thigns before buying a car?

thanks
You could buy a car from either a dealer or a private seller. There are also various types of dealers, some of which are shadier than others.

The car will have to pass a road safety test before it can be registered. I would advise you to get the car checked out by a mechanic if you are going to purchase it from a private seller. You should also buy the Car Proof report to see if its been in any reported accidents.

There are plenty of loan options on cars, and the dealer or your bank can help you out.

buliwyf

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
As for loan/financing, generally since you're new, you won't have an Equifax credit report and generally, no credit = bad credit. BUT most car dealerships (Honda accross the GTA is particularly good on this one) will still finance you (for up to 60 months) if you can put 25%-30% downpayment.

Personally, if you live where there is snow, I'd lease a brand new car. $350/month is like $4,200/year. With a 3-year lease, you'd only have to pay for oil changes and before the winters inevitably wreck and rust the car, your lease would be done. If I move to Vancouver maybe my opinion will change in a favor of a 0% 84-month financing.