+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to Add Cover Letter in TRV Online Application ?

turan

Oct 20, 2019
Hi All
I am new here.
Last few days I was working to prepare documents for my TRV Online Application which will be submitted by myself from Bangladesh.

Just a bit confused, as i have gone through all the section of this forum but couldn't understand where to add below documents in which section in online application.

A. Cover Letter
B. Application Letter (As i am applying online, do i need to upload anything like this)? If yes, then in which section ?

A proven guide from the fellow forum friends would be highly appreciable.

Thanks

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hi All
I am new here.
Last few days I was working to prepare documents for my TRV Online Application which will be submitted by myself from Bangladesh.

Just a bit confused, as i have gone through all the section of this forum but couldn't understand where to add below documents in which section in online application.

A. Cover Letter
>> The Letter of Explanation category is considered as a cover letter as you are like talking to the visa officer in this part.

B. Application Letter (As i am applying online, do i need to upload anything like this)? If yes, then in which section ?
A proven guide from the fellow forum friends would be highly appreciable.
Thanks
I have no idea what is the application letter you are referring to.

turan

Oct 20, 2019
>> The Letter of Explanation category is considered as a cover letter as you are like talking to the visa officer in this part.

I have no idea what is the application letter you are referring to.
Hi Kat3onah
Thanks for your feedback. I will add the Cover letter in LOE section however Do i need to given full itinerary in this cover letter or a summary of the trip would be fine ?

My trip plan is Dhaka > New York > Canada > New York > Dhaka

Please advise.
Thanks in advance.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hi Kat3onah
Thanks for your feedback. I will add the Cover letter in LOE section however Do i need to given full itinerary in this cover letter or a summary of the trip would be fine ?

My trip plan is Dhaka > New York > Canada > New York > Dhaka

Please advise.
Thanks in advance.
There is a Purpose of Travel category where you attached the flight ticket and travel itinerary (places to visit and things to do).
If you are applying online there is a question mark (?) per category, hover the mouse and you'll be able to see the documents you can attach.

As for the cover letter, be direct to indicate your main purpose and the assurance that you will not remain in Canada beyond your authorised stay.

turan

Oct 20, 2019
There is a Purpose of Travel category where you attached the flight ticket and travel itinerary (places to visit and things to do).
If you are applying online there is a question mark (?) per category, hover the mouse and you'll be able to see the documents you can attach.

As for the cover letter, be direct to indicate your main purpose and the assurance that you will not remain in Canada beyond your authorised stay.
Hi kat3onah
Thanks for your speedy response. I will follow accordingly.

Please note, i have confirmed flight ticket for "Dhaka > New York > Dhaka" where as i have only Confirmed hotel booking of Toronto. Do i need a confirm/booking ticket of "New York > Canada > New York" to ensure that I am gonna leave Canada or my other flight can confirm that I will leave New York once i finish my journey in Canada!

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hi kat3onah
Thanks for your speedy response. I will follow accordingly.

Please note, i have confirmed flight ticket for "Dhaka > New York > Dhaka" where as i have only Confirmed hotel booking of Toronto. Do i need a confirm/booking ticket of "New York > Canada > New York" to ensure that I am gonna leave Canada or my other flight can confirm that I will leave New York once i finish my journey in Canada!
You are not required to purchase a flight ticket. You can simply grab an itinerary from Expedia (or the like) or screen shot the flight you plan to take via an airline's website.

Reactions: turan

turan

Oct 20, 2019
Thanks a lot kat3onah...

I am adding a screenshot of my planned flight from JFK to YYZ in my Purpose of travel section as tentative flight plan.

Appreciates your prompt responses in above queries....

turan

Oct 20, 2019
You are not required to purchase a flight ticket. You can simply grab an itinerary from Expedia (or the like) or screen shot the flight you plan to take via an airline's website.
Hi Kat3onah

I have given the start date of my job but i cant give any finish date in "To" section as i m still working in this company. Shall i leave it empty or i need to give current date ?

Thanks in advance for your support.

turan

Oct 20, 2019
I left mine empty.
Thanks a lot.

My understanding is an online application doesnt require any manual signature however i get confused regards Family Information where it was asked to Manually sign, scan and upload ?

Please advise.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Thanks a lot.

My understanding is an online application doesnt require any manual signature however i get confused regards Family Information where it was asked to Manually sign, scan and upload ?

Please advise.
For online, no need to manually sign. Once you are done attaching all forms and documents and you try to submit the the whole application, a window will prompt for you as the digital signature part. You just need to type your name,

kaaar

Jul 22, 2022
Hi,
Kaaar here i almost done my online visa application along with all documents, but i am confused about 1 thing which is covering letter,
I wrote covering letter well but i don't know where it will upload in online visa application portal, please help that where i submit/ upload visa covering letter - thanks

kaaar

Jul 22, 2022
Hi,
Kaaar here i almost done my online visa application along with all documents, but i am confused about 1 thing which is covering letter,
I wrote covering letter well but i don't know where it will upload in online visa application portal, please help that where i submit/ upload visa covering letter - thanks

alyass

Nov 6, 2023
Hey guys
Before everything i want to say sorry for my bad english i just do my best so please i'm in need of this,

I want to write a great cover letter, idk if i write a detailed information about my trip for example i want to apply for 12 Days , is it better if say what i do day by day? every single day what i plane to do? coz actually i have plane for everyday! and also is it reasonable if i intend to visit canada for 12 days and i plan that i want to visit 3 different state? for example vancouver , ottawa and banff ? i think it's reasonable coz i really want to visit those place Haha
but still i prefer to ask you guys
any advice for avoiding reject i would be grateful
Thanks a lot.