+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where should I start

teachme27

Apr 26, 2007
Hello, I am a US citizen and absoutely love Toronto. I met the man of my dreams there and I would like to eventually live there. I dont know if I would live there permanently yet. But for now I have my BS in Communications and plan earning my Masters Degree. My question is where do I start? I would like to be able to live and work there and if things work out go to college in Toronto. So what do I apply for? My boyfriend unfortunately is unable to enter the US because he has some things pending on his criminal record. I know I could stay and live with him. I plan to move there in October which is why I need advice on how to go about it. I do have an extensive work background,clean record,good health,and college degree.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
To know your options, you should start by filling-out one of those online skilled worker assessments to see how close you are to 67 points.

If you don't qualify immediately, you can at least see what you'd need to do to improve your score.

leslieann

Mar 9, 2007
Hmm, what about going to Toronto as a foreign student? That information is available on the web, too, and I bet if you contacted an appropriate university and applied there, the university could help point you in the correct direction. They are invested in making it easier for foreign students.

Best,
Leslie

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
leslieann said:
Hmm, what about going to Toronto as a foreign student? That information is available on the web, too, and I bet if you contacted an appropriate university and applied there, the university could help point you in the correct direction. They are invested in making it easier for foreign students.

Best,
Leslie
Excellent suggestion!! I am agree with leslieann it could be the better and faster way.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Eduardo Picazo said:
leslieann said:

Best,
Leslie
Excellent suggestion!! I am agree with leslieann it could be the better and faster way.

Before you get all gung ho about a Masters Program in Canada, you should check out the International fees. UofT for Master Programs start at $16K per year for International students.

PMM

jsy_ab

May 12, 2007
When should I take IELTS Exam ?

I am residing in India and I have applied for immigration to Canada through a Consultancy, WWICS. I received my file No. during Feb '06. I am yet to submit my IELTS score. This score is valid for 2 years. I have come to know that my case will be processed by 2010. By this time, will my IELTS score become invalid ? Please advice.

Jsy_ab

teachme27

Apr 26, 2007
Eduardo Picazo said:
leslieann said:

Best,
Leslie
THANK YOU! That is a great idea since Iwouldl ike to gobackto school anyway!