+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where is the Place of Pipeline Engineers in the List?

Len

Apr 28, 2013
Pipeline Engineering is not normally a discipline in the undergraduate studies, except nowadays at the graduate level in some institutions. Now this job is currently being done by Mechanical, Metallurgical, Civil and in to some lesser extent by Chemical Engineers. If you have this job title which is not listed, can you still apply under any one of them?

paopao

Aug 9, 2013
What is your main career?. To my knowledge, Pipeline Engineering is the same as "Petroleum engineer" (If I am not mistaken), therefore its NOC is 2145. A quick search over the internet seems to back up my claim, but you cannot claim this NOC if your career does not match it. A Civil/Mechanical/Chemical Engineer cannot use this NOC unless you have undergraduate or post-graduate studies on it.
- Job tittles aren´t important.
- Your career´s name tells you the appropriate NOC most of the time.
- Work experience letter duties must match some of the NOC listed main duties.

Now check if the duties listed under your work experience letter do match the responsibilities listed under your real NOC, if you have Civil Engineer studies alone, your NOC is 2131 and your work experience duties should match some of the responsibilities listed for 2131. If you have petroleum/pipeline engineering studies your NOC is 2145 and your work experience duties should match some of the responsibilities for 2145.
My humble advice?, just get a job offer and skip the whole process ASAP, if you are a petroleum engineer, this career is on demand.

amritgrewal

Jul 30, 2013
Hello,

I graduated as B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering. Working in Natural Gas pipeline tramission company.

Now, my job responsibilities in company for an year were of Mechanical engineer( technical services designing ) and now i look after Civil activities. MY WCS education evaluation tells engineering to be petroleum engineering.

There fore, as a pipeline engineer profile and Engineering in PETROLEUM ENGINEERING 2145 NOC, where should i apply for?? with which NOC code I should apply for.

KIndly guide the same.. My application is stuck just because of this Issue to decide !!

Thank you

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
pipeline is structural/civil engr.