+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where is Open Work Permit Application Online

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
Hello All,

I am sponsoring my wife and she has received her AIP letter. When we go into her IRCC account and try to apply for a work permit, the only option is for someone that has a personal reference number from the Express Entry program. So where are we supposed to do this application?

I have added two screenshots to show what we see.
https://ibb.co/wcVnvxF
https://ibb.co/TbLSRTN

Last edited:

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I am sponsoring my wife and she has received her AIP letter. When we go into her IRCC account and try to apply for a work permit, the only option is for someone that has a personal reference number from the Express Entry program. So where are we supposed to do this application?

I have added two screenshots to show what we see.
https://ibb.co/wcVnvxF
https://ibb.co/TbLSRTN
She was eligible once she received the AOR email (long before receiving AIP).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/spouse-common-law-partner-canada-open-work-permit.html

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
Yeah we tried then also but still, we have no idea where to submit the application. If you see the screenshots, I dont see where we go on the website for the OWP application. I have been to the site you linked, it explains how but then ultimately you need to go into your IRCC account and apply, but where in the account? There is no "click here for OWP". She is already in Canada so "the come to Canada" application doesn't apply here, not applying for Citizenship or a student.

Last edited:

kyeno1

Mar 12, 2017
also struggling with this. Received AOR, trying to apply for OWP but can't seem to get there on the website. The guide says that when you log into your IRCC account, you will go through a series of questions but I don't get that. I've tried to go through the 'apply to come to canada' option, but it just leads me to a series of instructions to send my application to Ottawa, but I've applied online so I don't believe this is correct. Any help appreciated desperate to get back to work.

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
also struggling with this. Received AOR, trying to apply for OWP but can't seem to get there on the website. The guide says that when you log into your IRCC account, you will go through a series of questions but I don't get that. I've tried to go through the 'apply to come to canada' option, but it just leads me to a series of instructions to send my application to Ottawa, but I've applied online so I don't believe this is correct. Any help appreciated desperate to get back to work.
It's a tad frustrating considering we were able to pay for it but can't figure out how to apply online.

Deividas

Star Member
Apr 3, 2023
  1. You log in to your account: Sign in to your IRCC secure account - Canada.ca
  2. Start an application " Apply to Come to Canada"
  3. Then "i do not have personal reference code"
  4. Fill up a survey, you can always change and edit answers afterward
  5. Once completed the survey, you'll get the required form and document checklist to fill up
  6. Upload all the required files
  7. Submit
Easy

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
  1. You log in to your account: Sign in to your IRCC secure account - Canada.ca
  2. Start an application " Apply to Come to Canada"
  3. Then "i do not have personal reference code"
  4. Fill up a survey, you can always change and edit answers afterward
  5. Once completed the survey, you'll get the required form and document checklist to fill up
  6. Upload all the required files
  7. Submit
Easy
well thats good to know, I wouldn't say easy because that isn't clear but yeah thats simple enough.

Umangi1804

Jul 19, 2023
Hi members,

On the same page , I applied for inland SOWP under online on 18th Sept 2023. Please share your timeline.

All the best to all.

nve

Apr 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
28-06-2023
AOR Received.
15-08-2023
I submitted my application for inland SOWP online on August 18th, but no update yet..

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
We applied on paper because we initially paid the amount with our initial PR application and haven't been able to refund it and didn't want to repay the amount on the online application. Tad annoying you can't just upload the receipt to show it is paid. Anyway the application was received at the processing centre on 3 October.

amanya47

Oct 18, 2023
We applied on paper because we initially paid the amount with our initial PR application and haven't been able to refund it and didn't want to repay the amount on the online application. Tad annoying you can't just upload the receipt to show it is paid. Anyway the application was received at the processing centre on 3 October.
Even better that you applied on paper, it's processed much faster than the online.

Good luck.