+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where Iam standing could ? someone help me understand !

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
Hello ,
Submitted to renew pr for the whole family ( urgent process) begging of August 2014 .

End of August we received a letter says come and pick you cards from local office .

We went there , nobody interviewed us , but when we reached the window to receive , the officer said you have to go with an interview , all of you the whole family and it will take from 2 to 8 weeks ?

Anybody in the same boat , why ? .. We are still waiting for how long you think ? And there is nothing from them till now ?

My parents are really sick and hospitalized , and I am stuck in the middle , I can't take the risk of travel document because I have my daughters in the schools , I don't know how long it will take , and my parents are requesting me to get the kids with me ? Iam really going crazy in this situation .

What to expect in the interview , and what should I do, shall I hire a lawyer ? We all met RO some with 900 plus and some with 780 plus

Pls advise

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seems that between letter being dispatched for pick up and you arriving CIC reviewed your file and deem you require an interview. Usually you would be issued an RQ and a form to list your travels and absences. Your only 'safe' option if PRTD application is a concern is to re-enter Canada via a US land border but for this you need US visas and pray that US CBP do not refuse you admission to the US.

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
Msafiri said:
Seems that between letter being dispatched for pick up and you arriving CIC reviewed your file and deem you require an interview. Usually you would be issued an RQ and a form to list your travels and absences. Your only 'safe' option if PRTD application is a concern is to re-enter Canada via a US land border but for this you need US visas and pray that US CBP do not refuse you admission to the US.
Thanks a lot

But this PRTD can be done from canada before leaving or it has to be from outside Canada , because I have kids in schools and I cannot take the risk of delay . Pls answer me and how long it takes to get if it is from canada and where can I apply , million thanks , I have already a visa to USA will expire DEC 2015

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MWM said:
Thanks a lot

But this PRTD can be done from canada before leaving or it has to be from outside Canada , because I have kids in schools and I cannot take the risk of delay . Pls answer me and how long it takes to get if it is from canada and where can I apply , million thanks , I have already a visa to USA will expire DEC 2015
PRDT has to be issued outside Canada, you cannot apply inside. With a valid US visa, you can fly to the US and drive to Canada with your expired PR cards or with your COPRs. You can drive or take a taxi but you cannot use public transportation like bus or air, they wont let you board without valid docs.