+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where I do I need to list dependent children that are citizens?

Jan 12, 2021
Hi everyone,

Just struggling with where do i have to mention my children? I'm the principal applicant, German, my wife is a Canadian citizen born in Canada and we have 1 kid already and 1 to be born. Both will qualify for Canadian citizenship and we are applying for our first child already. Now given they would be citizens they can't be sponsored and the complete guide says to include a letter explaining that we applied for proof of citizenship which we will do.

Below are all the forms we do need to complete and I wonder if anyone knows where we need to list them and where not to?

IMM 1344 application to sponsor
No mention of dependants

IMM 5532 sponsorship evaluation
Other financially delendent people, so we mention the kids, pretty straightforward

IMM 0008 General application
- How many family members? Is this 1, so only me? Or do I have count the kid(s) even though we dont apply for them to be sponsored?
- Adding dependants? They are our dependants but I dont think I add any dependants as they are citizens?

IMM 5406 additional family
Very straightforward again as I need to mention under children and I am the only having to fill out this form

IMM 5669 schedule A
No mention of dependants and only I fill it out

Am I missing anything? Appreciate the help!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Just struggling with where do i have to mention my children? I'm the principal applicant, German, my wife is a Canadian citizen born in Canada and we have 1 kid already and 1 to be born. Both will qualify for Canadian citizenship and we are applying for our first child already. Now given they would be citizens they can't be sponsored and the complete guide says to include a letter explaining that we applied for proof of citizenship which we will do.

Below are all the forms we do need to complete and I wonder if anyone knows where we need to list them and where not to?
- How many family members? Is this 1, so only me? Or do I have count the kid(s) even though we dont apply for them to be sponsored?
- Adding dependants? They are our dependants but I dont think I add any dependants as they are citizens?
Yes, only you, this form only for those applying to become PRs, and your kids cannot, as citizens. Include in your package the letter of explanation and copies of the application for proof of citizenship.

I believe you're correct on the rest of the forms, but you'll need to double check.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi everyone,

IMM 1344 application to sponsor
No mention of dependants

IMM 5532 sponsorship evaluation
Other financially delendent people, so we mention the kids, pretty straightforward

IMM 5406 additional family
Very straightforward again as I need to mention under children and I am the only having to fill out this form

IMM 5669 schedule A
No mention of dependants and only I fill it out

Am I missing anything? Appreciate the help!
1, The children only appear on the IMM 5406

Jan 12, 2021
Yes, only you, this form only for those applying to become PRs, and your kids cannot, as citizens. Include in your package the letter of explanation and copies of the application for proof of citizenship.

I believe you're correct on the rest of the forms, but you'll need to double check.
great, thank you very much