+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where do you want to live in Canada?

miudoza

Aug 4, 2013
Hi,

Could anyone please let me the significance of the input in generic application about "Where do you want to live in Canada?'
If I mention State as ON and territory as Montreal what will happen next , what will the aftermath effect of it.

Thank you for your help

Regards,
Zusen

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
miudoza said:
If I mention State as ON and territory as Montreal what will happen next , what will the aftermath effect of it.
If you mention this in your application, the VO will be extremely confused and may refuse your application if you're applying through FSW.

First of all, Montreal is located in the province of Quebec - not Ontario.

Secondly, if you are planning to settle in Montreal, then you must apply through the QSW program - not FSW.

miudoza

Aug 4, 2013
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. sorry, lets say Provice/Territory is ON and City/Town is Toronto which i mentioned in the generic application. Does this mean, i have to go to that place first time, is there any bindings. i just want to know the whether there is any legal or mandatory restriction to go to other city or state for the first time or any time.

Please inform me..

Warm regards,
Zusen

banrad

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can land (go through your first time landing procedure) and settle anywhere in Canada, but the province of Quebec, if you applied through the FSW stream.