+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where do I have to recheck my bags

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
My flight is Pakistan - Doha - Montreal - Vancouver
I booked it as one flight on Qatar, but the last leg is Air Canada

While booking the lady at check in said I will get my bags at Vancouver directly, but that doesnt make sense to me because I thought the first city you enter in US/Canada your bags have to be rechecked

Can someone help me in this

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

While booking the lady at check in said I will get my bags at Vancouver directly, but that doesnt make sense to me because I thought the first city you enter in US/Canada your bags have to be rechecked

1. There is a domestic re-check after customs/immigration if your airline doesn't have automatic re-check. Confirm with your airlines.

"
After having gone through border control – primary inspection, you will be asked to follow one of two procedures:

• If your airline offers the option of automatically transferring your luggage, you will be directed to the domestic departures area. (If you are not arriving from the European Union, you will first be directed to the pre-boarding screening checkpoint for connections.)
  • If your airline does not offer the option of automatically transferring your luggage, you will have to pick it up yourself from the carousel, then follow the normal procedure for international arrivals and then for domestic departures.

Reactions: ayesha_llk2

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

Unless if situation is changed, but from my experience all the time connecting through YUL or YYZ, you collect your baggage and drop off at Air Canada desk or carousel. Ask at the Immigration desk or AC desk at POE to make sure if you still have confusion

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I don't know about Montreal, but in Toronto (YYZ), we had to get our luggages (all 19 of them!) and recheck with Air Canada for onward flight. We landed in Toronto on Air Canada flight as well.