+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where are the jobs in canada for unskilled immigrants.

kit91

Sep 27, 2022
I've been stuck on going to vancouver or Toronto because that's where the muslim community is but to be honest I think having a job may be more important. Any town with a couple of mosque or one really large one will have a large enough community for me. What parts of Canada will have the most entry level jobs for me? Where will I be needed the most? Also I only really speak english but am learning french and don't intend to leave for a good while.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
If you have legal status (citizenship, PR, open work permit) it's easy to find entry level jobs with zero experience. I know people without zero work experience who got jobs quickly in the GTA, but they already had legal status. If you're on a visitor visa, you're not going to have those same chances.

kit91

Sep 27, 2022
If you have legal status (citizenship, PR, open work permit) it's easy to find entry level jobs with zero experience. I know people without zero work experience who got jobs quickly in the GTA, but they already had legal status. If you're on a visitor visa, you're not going to have those same chances.
I've never been out of the us and never even seen a border. I'm building a resume by volunteering time and intend to find a paying job in the us for at least months before trying to enter Canada. I'm looking for manual labor full time maybe a second job to.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I've never been out of the us and never even seen a border. I'm building a resume by volunteering time and intend to find a paying job in the us for at least months before trying to enter Canada. I'm looking for manual labor full time maybe a second job to.
Make sure you come with enough savings.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm planning on saving but don't know how much I need. How much should I save in Canadian dollars?
$10K-$15K.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I've been stuck on going to vancouver or Toronto because that's where the muslim community is but to be honest I think having a job may be more important. Any town with a couple of mosque or one really large one will have a large enough community for me. What parts of Canada will have the most entry level jobs for me? Where will I be needed the most? Also I only really speak english but am learning french and don't intend to leave for a good while.
Is there any particular reason you intend to move to Canada? If making money is your primary aim, you might be better off staying in the US and finding work there and especially if you have family there.

Canada is a great country, but very different from what people think of it from the outside. And it's very expensive too.

Having said that, GTA is extremely diverse and has incredible amount of things to do. The kind of place that has something for everyone.

kit91

Sep 27, 2022
Is there any particular reason you intend to move to Canada? If making money is your primary aim, you might be better off staying in the US and finding work there and especially if you have family there.

Canada is a great country, but very different from what people think of it from the outside. And it's very expensive too.

Having said that, GTA is extremely diverse and has incredible amount of things to do. The kind of place that has something for everyone.
It's a safer country than the United states. I want a safe place to raise a family. I don't expect to ever be wealthy I just want to get by somewhere I don't have to worry so much. I have some political problems with the us and want out badly. It's not about economic issues.

Reactions: smash1984

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
It's a safer country than the United states. I want a safe place to raise a family. I don't expect to ever be wealthy I just want to get by somewhere I don't have to worry so much. I have some political problems with the us and want out badly. It's not about economic issues.
Fair point. Canada is definitely safer but you should plan a little more before coming here and do your research, especially if you want to have your family here with you.

As you already pointed out that a job will be important, so what kind of job are you looking for? Minimum wage starts at roughly 15 dollars an hour, and one can find them fairly easily I think.

kit91

Sep 27, 2022
Fair point. Canada is definitely safer but you should plan a little more before coming here and do your research, especially if you want to have your family here with you.

As you already pointed out that a job will be important, so what kind of job are you looking for? Minimum wage starts at roughly 15 dollars an hour, and one can find them fairly easily I think.
Anything full time I can legally get. I'm single with no kids but I want them so I probably marry a canadian pr or citizen. I'm coming alone. I heard its hard to find a job offer willing to do an lmia for you.

Last edited:

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Anything full time I can legally get. I'm single with no kids but I want them so I probably marry a canadian pr or citizen. I'm coming alone. I heard its hard to find a job offer willing to do an lmia for you.
That's correct, its hard to get an LMIA done but some companies may do it.

Good luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How exactly are you planning on coming to Canada and working? It is not as simple as you think. Entering Canada and trying to get approved for a WP for manual labour is not a plan. What is your work and education history? If you are a more conservative Muslim and were planning on having an arranged marriage trying to get matched with a Canadian Muslim woman who is also seeking an arranged marriage and wants to marry you would be a must better route to be able to secure a life in Canada.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: kit91 and bellaluna

kit91

Sep 27, 2022
How exactly are you planning on coming to Canada and working? It is not as simple as you think. Entering Canada and trying to get approved for a WP for manual labour is not a plan. What is your work and education history? If you are a more conservative Muslim and were planning on having an arranged marriage trying to get matched with a Canadian Muslim woman who is also seeking an arranged marriage and wants to marry you would be a must better route to be able to secure a life in Canada.
Yes, an arranged marriage word work for me but I need to be able to work while I look for a suitable partner. I want a real relationship not just an arrangement to stay in the country so not just any muslim woman will do I need weeks or months to select someone who will also need to agree to an arranged marriage willingly not all muslim women agree and retain the right to choose whether to accept the person there partnered with until they find them someone that both partners agree on and usually the parents expecially the womans parents are involved and help with the decision. the process involves getting to know if you compatible over weeks to months We don't arrange people together at random. There is a match making process that takes a little time. So my question is how do I legally work in Canada for 6 to 12 months while looking for a partner?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, an arranged marriage word work for me but I need to be able to work while I look for a suitable partner. I want a real relationship not just an arrangement to stay in the country so not just any muslim woman will do I need weeks or months to select someone who will also need to agree to an arranged marriage willingly not all muslim women agree and retain the right to choose whether to accept the person there partnered with until they find them someone that both partners agree on and usually the parents expecially the womans parents are involved and help with the decision. the process involves getting to know if you compatible over weeks to months We don't arrange people together at random. There is a match making process that takes a little time. So my question is how do I legally work in Canada for 6 to 12 months while looking for a partner?
This question was already answered. You first need to find an employer in Canada willing to give you a job offer. That employer then needs to get an approved LMIA. It's not unusual for this process to take several months. Once the LMIA is approved, you apply for a closed work permit tied to that specific employer. Once the work permit is approved, you can start working.

Reactions: kit91