+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where are MEDICALS sent?

spa

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
My visa office is located in Europe. But as I'm in the US I have to take medical exams here as well. The instructions in the letter say that I need to send my medicals to London, England. But I talked to the doctor's office in New York and they told me that they send the medicals to Canada.

My questions are:

1) Does it make any difference for me if my medicals are sent to Canada instead of England?
2) May it delay the process?
3) Can I request the doctor to send them to Europe instead?

Appreciate your replies.

chandan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
The medical instruction is sent to evry applicant and in that letter it CLEARLY TELLS APPLICANTS where the
doctor MUST send the medical result so why do you or your doctor can chnage the rule? Obviously, if the doctor
sends it to canada, your visa office in london will still receive it but only God knows when. Why did you not show
the doctor your medical letter for him to read it clearly where he should send the result to? He would have assumed your visa office is in america as most of the applicants he deals with are from there. Better go to him with your medical instruction letter and request him to send it to LONDON.
This is what your visa office told you to do, why is the doctor doing something different?
I know of someone, principal applicant was in london, visa office was in london but wife was in nigeria. The wife did her medicals in zhankli hospital, abuja. The doctor said he would send the result to ACCRA-ghana! But the medical instruction says he must send the result to london. The principal applicant had to scan the medical letter instruction to the wife, the wife printed it, shown it to the doctor then the doctor agrred to send the result to london. It took just 2weeks for the london office to get back to the principal applicant to submit passports (for both principal applicant and wife) because they have received both the medical results on time. I hope you understand all my illustration! Don't risk waiting for 6 to 12 months and sleeplessness! Call your doctor, give him the london address to send your result to as instructed by your visa office.
Good luck

spa

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
chandan said:
The medical instruction is sent to evry applicant and in that letter it CLEARLY TELLS APPLICANTS where the
doctor MUST send the medical result so why do you or your doctor can chnage the rule? Obviously, if the doctor
sends it to canada, your visa office in london will still receive it but only God knows when. Why did you not show
the doctor your medical letter for him to read it clearly where he should send the result to? He would have assumed your visa office is in america as most of the applicants he deals with are from there. Better go to him with your medical instruction letter and request him to send it to LONDON.
This is what your visa office told you to do, why is the doctor doing something different?
I know of someone, principal applicant was in london, visa office was in london but wife was in nigeria. The wife did her medicals in zhankli hospital, abuja. The doctor said he would send the result to ACCRA-ghana! But the medical instruction says he must send the result to london. The principal applicant had to scan the medical letter instruction to the wife, the wife printed it, shown it to the doctor then the doctor agrred to send the result to london. It took just 2weeks for the london office to get back to the principal applicant to submit passports (for both principal applicant and wife) because they have received both the medical results on time. I hope you understand all my illustration! Don't risk waiting for 6 to 12 months and sleeplessness! Call your doctor, give him the london address to send your result to as instructed by your visa office.
Good luck
Thanks a lot for your reply. I did call them today. First time when I spoke to the secretary she said that they send the results to Canada. Today I mentioned that I'm gonna need them to be sent to London and she said that I just have to pay for the shipment myself. That's it. Relived...:)

chandan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
That's absolutely fantastc! I was going to tell you to be prepaerd for the postal costs.
Now you can just relax and wait for your passport request.
Good luck my man.

spa

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
chandan said:
That's absolutely fantastc! I was going to tell you to be prepaerd for the postal costs.
Now you can just relax and wait for your passport request.
Good luck my man.
Thanks kindly.

Well... medicals doesn't guarantee issuance of visa:) And sometimes medicals may take long long time to be reviewed....

I'm in the US. And in case if they want my passport I will have to send it to Europe. You never know when they are gonna return it.

How risky is it for me to stay here without passport? I won't be able to leave country then, right?