+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When will you leave Canada wrong Year and Parents Given Name part missed

mshamin

Dec 4, 2022
Hi Guys,

First of all thank you very much for all the contributions here and support. I have submitted my son's student (minor child) permit application today after refusal of his visit visa application. The refusal was based on "You are of a school age and require a study permit". I applied through new IRCC web portal by selecting Open Study Permit for my minor child who is 14 years old.

I did mistakenly selected wrong year for the online form field "When will you leave Canada" as 2023-march-28 where as it should be 2024-march-28 as per my permit. My son is planning to enter Canada on 2023-feb-01, so this leaving date is incorrect. I have already submitted web form with screenshot highlighting the wrong in the online form and requested to correct it as year 2024 with apology.

The second mistake was, part of the name missed in Parent Given Name section due computer browser automatically picked up only one name. I have also sent them web form mentioning the mistake done in the form due to cache in computer browser.

But in all other places in the form, it was mentioned correctly both Given Name and Leaving Date.

What do you guys think? will this be a major problem to refusal or anything serious will cause for the approval?

Appreciate your experiences and view points. I'm exhausted by this.

Thank you.