+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When will i get my passport ?

umarnisar

May 1, 2013
I applied for a Canadian TRV (Visit) Visa from the United States a few months ago .. I am on a scholarship here in the States and I have to return back to Pakistan on 17th May. They told me on 15th April to send my passport to them. I sent it on the same day (15th April) along with a prepaid return envelope too .. My passport was delivered on 17th April .. Since then I've no information. It's 1st May and I have to leave on the 17th. It's a legal requirement for my scholarship and I can't stay a day longer. My passport is with them. I am worried now.
Is there any way to contact them? email ??
I am in IOWA .. I can't go to New York or else i would have personally been there and everything would have been sorted out easily.
Please suggest me something as I am worried.
If there's any email address I should contact let me know.

satyaxcc

Apr 30, 2013
send email to NewYork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca . Explain your situation in detail . Keep following up everyday. Hopefully they will take notice and respond back

umarnisar

May 1, 2013
Thanks a lot .. i just emailed at the aforementioned email Id. wrote my UCI No. and Application nO. along with that explained my situation. I hope they sort it out soon.

umarnisar

May 1, 2013
Another day passed by .. No news from them .. Emailed them yesterday .. emailed them today .. No Reply :s

Any suggestions??

joeb123

Jun 21, 2010
you need to stop emailing them, have patience.
these emails are considered extra communication, and that might make the process even slower. since if they have not sent out anything yet, they will spend time opening and reading those emails.
CIC is a very busy bunch, and working in such an environment and getting client repetitive client emails can be very annoying.

umarnisar

May 1, 2013
How can one have patience when he has to leave in less than 10 days and he don't have his passport?

I withdrew my application. Now I hope they send me back my passport as soon as possible.

umarnisar

May 1, 2013
Yes i got my passport back .. and unexpectedly i got my visa too .. i withdrew my application and wasnt expecting a visa but still got the visa :)

They sent my passport back after tons of emails from me and the US Department of State. Now i can go back to Pakistan on friday and can visit canada in summer

Samik

May 12, 2013
umarnisar said:
Yes i got my passport back .. and unexpectedly i got my visa too .. i withdrew my application and wasnt expecting a visa but still got the visa :)

They sent my passport back after tons of emails from me and the US Department of State. Now i can go back to Pakistan on friday and can visit canada in summer
May I ask when did you get your passport back?

mmomidi

Apr 18, 2013
I want to share my timelines and it may be helpful and give hope for the people waiting status update / stamped passport return status

Applied Online - 04/01/2013
Request letter for Passport - 5/2/2013
Sent Passport to LA Consulate (Fedex Overnight) - 5/2/2013
LA Consulate received Passport - 5/3/2013
USPS Retrun Shipment (Stamped Passports) Activated - 5/15/2013
Expected to receive package with Stamped Passports as per USPS - 5/16/2013 (TBD)

All the best...!!!