+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When will FSW-O will get PPR? Can we get the media attention?

Sonicraze

Dec 20, 2020
Hi all, IRCC has startes issuing pprs for all the other categories except us. Now im in a ver frustrated situation. My previous thread about the problems im facing is below.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/when-when-when-when-when-when-when-when.743228/

So what are the other options to force ircc to give us a feedback.
. Online petition (we tried several times)
. Protest in front of embassies.
. Get the canadian media attention.
I guess the last option is much better. But how to do that. All twitters can tag news channel? Or shall we write to them?
Please add your two cents. Even tell me if im wrong.

boilercat

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
Hi all, IRCC has startes issuing pprs for all the other categories except us. Now im in a ver frustrated situation. My previous thread about the problems im facing is below.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/when-when-when-when-when-when-when-when.743228/

So what are the other options to force ircc to give us a feedback.
. Online petition (we tried several times)
. Protest in front of embassies.
. Get the canadian media attention.
I guess the last option is much better. But how to do that. All twitters can tag news channel? Or shall we write to them?
Please add your two cents. Even tell me if im wrong.
you cannot wake up someone who is only pretending to be asleep.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Raising awareness in media is the way to go. Not just Canadian, but the US media as well. It's a common knowledge in the US that the Canadian immigration system is better, faster, more humane, etc. But raising awareness among foreigners residing in the US and struggling on OPT/H1B that Canada fails to deliver on its promise might wake Canada up a bit. IRCC should finally realize they can't move along with failed messaging and outdated marketing, and misleading words like "EXPRESS" in their naming.

I would also suggest increasing pressure - and, thus, VISIBILITY of our pain -- in social media, like official IRCC Facebook and Twitter accounts. Yes, it might be tricky and even scary, because you're eventually posting under your own name. Although it would most likely be illegal for IRCC to cancel your application if they dislike your social media tone, I am very hesitant to do so. Retaliation feels like a real thing.

P.S.
Now to the real things - does ANYONE have any connection to the major Canadian media?! Private blogs, Medium, etc., don't count. Either major publications and/or top bloggers and infuencers are required.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
IRCC should finally realize they can't move along with failed messaging and outdated marketing, and misleading words like "EXPRESS" in their naming.
They should rename it to 'Passenger entry' for FSWs.

The best shot is raising awareness in Canadian media but it's hard given that most FSWs are outland.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Raising awareness in media is the way to go. Not just Canadian, but the US media as well. It's a common knowledge in the US that the Canadian immigration system is better, faster, more humane, etc. But raising awareness among foreigners residing in the US and struggling on OPT/H1B that Canada fails to deliver on its promise might wake Canada up a bit. IRCC should finally realize they can't move along with failed messaging and outdated marketing, and misleading words like "EXPRESS" in their naming.

I would also suggest increasing pressure - and, thus, VISIBILITY of our pain -- in social media, like official IRCC Facebook and Twitter accounts. Yes, it might be tricky and even scary, because you're eventually posting under your own name. Although it would most likely be illegal for IRCC to cancel your application if they dislike your social media tone, I am very hesitant to do so. Retaliation feels like a real thing.

P.S.
Now to the real things - does ANYONE have any connection to the major Canadian media?! Private blogs, Medium, etc., don't count. Either major publications and/or top bloggers and infuencers are required.
It's no use. Immigrants are not relevant to the Canadian political arena and nobody gives 2 shits about the plight of the immigrants, especially those living in foreign countries. Even if you somehow manage to convince a media channel to cover your story, it won't draw the attention of anyone and IRCC has a lot of excuses to shut up anyone asking questions.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
It's no use. Immigrants are not relevant to the Canadian political arena and nobody gives 2 shits about the plight of the immigrants, especially those living in foreign countries. Even if you somehow manage to convince a media channel to cover your story, it won't draw the attention of anyone and IRCC has a lot of excuses to shut up anyone asking questions.
well, yes, but. Without immigrants, the country is dying out, correct? The whole reason behind those "express" programs, crazy high target numbers, etc., is to stir population growth and keep Canada competitive in the medium-to-long run. Or even now, to lure some international businesses out of the US - as those business rely heavily on the foreign-born brainpower.

So if we could hit these pain points in the media... sweet dreams, lol. Actually you're right, nobody gives a dog's poop about us

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
well, yes, but. Without immigrants, the country is dying out, correct? The whole reason behind those "express" programs, crazy high target numbers, etc., is to stir population growth and keep Canada competitive in the medium-to-long run. Or even now, to lure some international businesses out of the US - as those business rely heavily on the foreign-born brainpower.

So if we could hit these pain points in the media... sweet dreams, lol. Actually you're right, nobody gives a dog's poop about us
In case you haven't been paying attention, the government has decided they don't need to import immigrants from other countries to increase the population. They have an unlimited supply of students which is enough to meet their immigration targets. They have proved it by conducting CEC draws all year, and if they don't completely cancel FSW next year, they will make it significantly hard for outsiders to apply.

• Sad
Reactions: vsfedotov

tnytny

Oct 13, 2020
I do not really think this should be political. It's more about IRCC and what they're currently (not) doing about all the backlogs.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
In case you haven't been paying attention, the government has decided they don't need to import immigrants from other countries to increase the population. They have an unlimited supply of students which is enough to meet their immigration targets. They have proved it by conducting CEC draws all year, and if they don't completely cancel FSW next year, they will make it significantly hard for outsiders to apply.
You are absolutely right.

I'm just thinking what can be the talking point for the media. Turning away the FSW folks can be in line with the current IRCC policies, but it can and it WILL hurt the country's image and global appeal in the long run. That's why they're coming up with bullshit excuses like COVID, borders, Afghanistan crisis, etc., and don't outright say "screw you FSW." Canada is not well-positioned to say that because the Canadian immigration system, the way it is advertised, is a part of the country's positioning. Even if the UK has a better immigration system, they just don't brag about it.

P.S.
If you ask a random skilled foreigner where it is the easiest to immigrate to, they'll say "Canada", even though it's no longer true. I learned about EE from my US college career center. Like - hey, dude, we know it's hard for an MBA to get an H1B, so try your luck in Canada, you already have everything you need to get a passing FSW score. Well, I believed and I am being screwed by IRCC for two years already, and counting...

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
You are absolutely right.

I'm just thinking what can be the talking point for the media. Turning away the FSW folks can be in line with the current IRCC policies, but it can and it WILL hurt the country's image and global appeal in the long run. That's why they're coming up with bullshit excuses like COVID, borders, Afghanistan crisis, etc., and don't outright say "screw you FSW." Canada is not well-positioned to say that because the Canadian immigration system, the way it is advertised, is a part of the country's positioning. Even if the UK has a better immigration system, they just don't brag about it.

P.S.
If you ask a random skilled foreigner where it is the easiest to immigrate to, they'll say "Canada", even though it's no longer true. I learned about EE from my US college career center. Like - hey, dude, we know it's hard for an MBA to get an H1B, so try your luck in Canada, you already have everything you need to get a passing FSW score. Well, I believed and I am being screwed by IRCC for two years already, and counting...
I've never seen immigrating to a foreign country as some kind of an accomplishment. It's mostly luck which you can't control. The immigration journey is never a smooth ride but the lucky ones who make it can have a decent life afterward. Canadian express entry system gives an impression that you are being selected for your skills and qualifications but it's not true.
If you ever make it to a first world country, always remember where you came from and never feel superior to others who don't have the same luxuries in life as you

boilercat

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
When I submitted my applications, I used to recommend my friends and colleagues to consider Canada since it’s easier than the US. After waiting for a year, I stopped doing so. If they don’t issue PPR by the end of this year, I will deliberately persuade people who I care to not consider Canada. Sooner or later, the message will spread out.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I've never seen immigrating to a foreign country as some kind of an accomplishment. It's mostly luck which you can't control. The immigration journey is never a smooth ride but the lucky ones who make it can have a decent life afterward. Canadian express entry system gives an impression that you are being selected for your skills and qualifications but it's not true.
If you ever make it to a first world country, always remember where you came from and never feel superior to others who don't have the same luxuries in life as you
Yep, immigration is a combo of luck and non-stop fighting. Outcomes normally don't depend of the level of effort. Especially in the US, where everything is random and skilled, dedicated, extremely talented and well-intended people are kicked out and their lives are ruined. However, Canada created an impression that there's a connection between skill/effort and immigration. That's how it lured people in, gathered their fees and said "screw you"

Being in the US on H1B is not a pleasure cruise -- it's a traumatizing shitshow all day, every day, but as of today I wouldn't be surprised if I end up having better luck here than north of the border. I think I mentioned before that I know a few people - obviously, from non-backlogged countries - who got their American green cards approved faster than their Canadian PR. They've withdrawn their PR applications.

Reactions: upon