+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When was XX qualified to perform this job?? Confusion

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Seniors/@TanakaM,

I am an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). On completion of the 3-4 year academic qualification you are awarded with the status called CIMA Passed Finalist. After that, you have the option of applying for the Associate Membership by providing 3 years of related work experience.
  • I completed all my academic exams and was awarded ‘CIMA Passed Finalist’ on May 2015.
  • Later, I upgraded this qualification and was awarded the Associate Membership on November 2016.
  • I applied for an ECA and got my WES report for my Associate Member ship as a 4-year Bachelor’s degree.
I started working for a particular NOC from April 2016. My question is when I fill my EE profile, for the question ‘When was x qualified to perform this role’ I will mention May 2015 as this is when I completed all my academic exams and graduated as a CIMA Passed Finalist. However, since my ECA report states as November 2016 as the graduation date (The date I got my Associate Membership) will this be an issue??

Should I mention this in the LOE or do I have to get another ECA done only for the exams up to May 2015 separately ?

Extremely sorry for such a long post. Your, advice is highly valuable.

Oct 29, 2017
Hi Shivankar,
I have same issue as mentioned above. Currently filling out my express entry profile i am stuck on the same scenario whether to put membership date or CIMA passed finalist date. What did you finally put and where has your process reached
Thanks in advance

Oct 29, 2017
HI Seniors/@TanakaM

Hi Shivanka,

I am seeking answer for this same questions. What did you finally put as your end date for CIMA?

I am an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). On completion of the 3-4 year academic qualification you are awarded with the status called CIMA Passed Finalist. After that, you have the option of applying for the Associate Membership by providing 3 years of related work experience.
  • I completed all my academic exams and was awarded ‘CIMA Passed Finalist’ on May 2015.
  • Later, I upgraded this qualification and was awarded the Associate Membership on November 2016.
  • I applied for an ECA and got my WES report for my Associate Member ship as a 4-year Bachelor’s degree.
I started working for a particular NOC from April 2016. My question is when I fill my EE profile, for the question ‘When was x qualified to perform this role’ I will mention May 2015 as this is when I completed all my academic exams and graduated as a CIMA Passed Finalist. However, since my ECA report states as November 2016 as the graduation date (The date I got my Associate Membership) will this be an issue??

Should I mention this in the LOE or do I have to get another ECA done only for the exams up to May 2015 separately ?

Extremely sorry for such a long post. Your, advice is highly valuable.