+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When to start?

Dermaiii

Sep 12, 2018
Hello guys,
So I’ve accepted for the fall term by memorial university, and I was wondering if I could apply at the end of January or early February, so is there anything that’ll prevent me from doing so, like ? And if I were to have my application accepted, can I visit Canada 4-3 months before the start of my studies?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hello guys,
So I’ve accepted for the fall term by memorial university, and I was wondering if I could apply at the end of January or early February, so is there anything that’ll prevent me from doing so, like ? And if I were to have my application accepted, can I visit Canada 4-3 months before the start of my studies?
Apply as early as possible. Quite a number of applicants here apply at the last minute and rant why they have not yet received decision for their application when their classes already started. IRCC/CIC suggests to apply at least 3 months before intended program start (the earlier the better).

You can come to Canada anytime as long as you have a valid visa. Just prove to CBSA officer that you can support yourself before your program starts, because you cannot work part time (if you get the condition in your SP that you may accept work outside campus) unless school officially starts.