+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When to quit job after getting PPR

Deep1691

Jul 18, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Hi guys. I am curious to know if it is fine to quit job after getting PPR. I have to serve two months notice period and it's already been 7 months since my medical exam and 6 months sicnesomy AOR. I am not sure when I would get my PPR and how much time will I get to wrap things in my home country.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
You will get ( 365 - total days elapsed since medical) days to finish landing formalities. If you need more time than you can return back to India to wrap up things after soft landing and you will get another 2-2.5 years to return back to Canada for permanent move.

Deep1691

Jul 18, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
You will get ( 365 - total days elapsed since medical) days to finish landing formalities. If you need more time than you can return back to India to wrap up things after soft landing and you will get another 2-2.5 years to return back to Canada for permanent move.
Thanks for revert. Would there be any impact on my job prospects in Canada if I take 5-6 months gap due to transition from India to Canada? Wrapping up things in India while I keep working in my current job is a problem as I hardly find anytime after my work.