+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When to expect PR card after receiving Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document in online portal?

Jess44

Mar 20, 2023
Hello, my husband and I applied for Spousal Sponsorship in Canada, Family Class. My husband was previously sponsored by previous wife a few years ago before a letter was sent about the application, that it was refused after over a year of waiting. He is divorced now and we married last year and after receiving Certificate of Marriage we applied for Spousal Sponsorship online in the beginning of December last year, 2022. My husband has the same Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number from previous application with ex wife before but different Application number because this a new application that we applied. We had a reminder letter by email that emedical examination results are required which my husband provided the previous results from previous time he and ex wife applied before. The Right of Permanent Residence fee was also required which we sent the proof of payment. A few days ago we received a reminder letter by email about the Right of Permanent Residence fee which we sent the payment right away that same day the letter was emailed. About a day or 2, I checked about my husbands online account portal (where the option is to check application status) about the application status (the application status currently shows it's In progress) and there was new updated information, before only the Medical exam in the Application details was shown as Completed, then all, the Eligibility, Background verification, and Biometrics are shown as Completed. About the Documents status, there is new information/details about my husbands Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) with document number, expiry date, Travel document number (my husbands passport number) and Issuing country. These new details appeared soon after we sent the Right of Permanent Residence fee from the letter of what was required. The expiry date for COPR is in a few months. I would like to know in this situation if my husband would be expecting to receive his first PR card soon?

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Your husband can connect his PR card application to GC account. They will let you once it has been mailed. It takes up to 6 weeks for delivery.