+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When should I collect my study permit?

knoxis

May 21, 2016
Hi,
I am really excited about attending school in Canada. Today, I received my letter of introduction that states that I have to present the letter to the CBSA at the borderI enter Canada through in order for them to issue me my study permit. I am set to fly into Canada this Friday as I wish to go traveling around Canada before school starts. Will it be alright for me to collect my study permit this early? It will be another 2 months before school starts. I am a US citizen, so there is no problem with me entering Canada as a visitor for up to 180 days; however, I can only collect the study permit at the border from the CBSA, and as such wish to collect it upon my arrival.

Basically, is it ever too early to collect one's study permit?

Thanks! :)

at4446

Sep 24, 2016
ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
Hi,
I am really excited about attending school in Canada. Today, I received my letter of introduction that states that I have to present the letter to the CBSA at the borderI enter Canada through in order for them to issue me my study permit. I am set to fly into Canada this Friday as I wish to go traveling around Canada before school starts. Will it be alright for me to collect my study permit this early? It will be another 2 months before school starts. I am a US citizen, so there is no problem with me entering Canada as a visitor for up to 180 days; however, I can only collect the study permit at the border from the CBSA, and as such wish to collect it upon my arrival.

Basically, is it ever too early to collect one's study permit?

Thanks! :)
Hey what happend to your case?