+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When should I apply for EE?

kreop

Nov 26, 2016
Hello, I am writing my IELTS later this month and if I get a good score, I plan to apply for EE in the near future. I have completed my one year of work and only require a job description letter (which my employer is willing to write for me). However, I am planning on going to my home country this September (just a few weeks before my IELTS) and I am returning in the new year. So my question is:

When should I apply for EE to be in the pool? From what I understand, my choices are:

1. Applying right after my IELTS scores come out mid-August, a few weeks before I head to my home country.

2. Apply in the new year when I return.

If I were to apply in August before I leave the country, would I be able to complete the additional paperwork if I do receive an ITA while out of the country?

Thank you so much!

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello, I am writing my IELTS later this month and if I get a good score, I plan to apply for EE in the near future. I have completed my one year of work and only require a job description letter (which my employer is willing to write for me). However, I am planning on going to my home country this September (just a few weeks before my IELTS) and I am returning in the new year. So my question is:

When should I apply for EE to be in the pool? From what I understand, my choices are:

1. Applying right after my IELTS scores come out mid-August, a few weeks before I head to my home country.

2. Apply in the new year when I return.

If I were to apply in August before I leave the country, would I be able to complete the additional paperwork if I do receive an ITA while out of the country?

Thank you so much!
If your score is high, you can apply any time. It's not a big deal. If your score is in the average or low, you can apply asap when you receive your IELTS score. If you leave the country, it won't have any negative impacts (just make sure you prepare all the required PCC), and you can submit any additional docs through CSE online.