+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When is the passport request ?(kingtreek)

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MARLENA said:
In my case I send them 2 requests within the same week. The second request that's when I noticed ++.
It could be 2 defined in 2 ways 1- they are pissed off or 2- Indication of a 2nd request within the same week.
In my opinion, I didn't care I wanted to provided some important documents that they didn't received it when I sent my application.
However it doesn't slow down the process, it's quite the opposite it may help your case.
Thanks Marlena for the insight. I'm so happy that you're still around to provide help and support for all of us that are still waiting. I hope that you're second definition of the ++ is correct, that it only indicates a 2nd request within the same week and not that they're pissed off. For the past three weeks I've sent in an enquiry once a week. The past two weeks I got a response, but this week I did not get any response. I just want insight as to what's going on with my husband's case.

When we order the CAIPS notes, will it tell us, for example, what they're doing background checks on? Or why they chose to conduct further background checks? Will the CAIPS notes give more insight into the case?

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Yes I believe it gives you everything in detail even background checks if I. I hope the IO who is working for your file is registering all the information in the system to know what's going on and to keep track when you ordering CAIPS notes.
Sadgirl when did you was the last time you order CAIPS notes.
Have you again contacted your MP?

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MARLENA said:
Yes I believe it gives you everything in detail even background checks if I. I hope the IO who is working for your file is registering all the information in the system to know what's going on and to keep track when you ordering CAIPS notes.
Sadgirl when did you was the last time you order CAIPS notes.
Have you again contacted your MP?
I tried contacting my MP, but I've gotten no response. I emailed him last on Tuesday August 4th and so far I've gotten no response. How should I get in contact with him? Phone, fax, email? As well, I'm also not sure on what to exactly say and how to get him to help me out. I think that he probably disregarded my email :( .

As for the CAIPS notes, I was going to order them at the beginning of August, but I didn't. I was thinking that ordering them at the end of August or at the very beginning of September might offer me more insight for my husband's medicals as they will expire in September. Do you think if I order the CAIPS notes it may speed up the process? I just really want to know what they're looking for when they're doing these background checks -- these background checks that have taken 5 months now!!! I just want to do anything and everything that I can to help speed up my husband's case. I really want him here before my birthday in December. Having my husband with me for my birthday will be the best birthday present I can ever ask for.

What can I do? What should I do?

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SadGirl:( said:
So like emailing the embassy every week would slow down the process? You mean to tell me they get pissed off at our enquiries while it's okay for them to keep us waiting for months!!! So they document our enquires as well???

How often should one send in an enquiry? Meaning how long should one wait before they make another enquiry?
Sadgirl: Of course they document your enquiries and of course emailing the same questions every week (!) will piss people off. That is likely why you didn't get a response to your last email. You are really not helping matters by continually emailing them. I know that I have read that sending repeated emails, particularly if your case is within normal processing times (not sure if this is the case for you) will delay your application further but I couldn't find an exact quote for you. I know it's hard but I would suggest that you stop emailing them and wait to see what your CAIPS notes say.

This is a quote directly from the London visa office website:
"Please do not send repeat enquiries and do not send the same enquiry by multiple means (mail, email) because this creates confusion and can delay our reply.

If you already have an application at our office, we will answer your question only if our average processing time has been exceeded or if there is a problem. Otherwise, you should assume that your file is proceeding normally. Processing time starts when your application has been received in our office."

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
nguyentu2001 said:
it means "don't piss them off by sending e-mail asking questions before the processing time is in range". I assume.
just one email pisses them off? that already sounds rude

genio

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
Just my opinion, but as in my case, if there are only 4 I.O.s working in Bogota, I can understand why they would not want to be bothered repeatedly responding to requests for information until normal processing time has passed, or unless there is an obvious problem. It may be our right to seek information, but after a year of waiting, I don't want anything to slow mine down any more. It is a thought, maybe by us all asking often for more information, we may be not only slowing down our own process, but also affecting processing time for others. Having said that, I did not submit a lot of evidence proving the genuineness of our relationship before we married. I met her online, visted her one time, and then returned 6 months later for marriage. Just wonder if I sent them records of money I have sent her for last 8 months, so as to add evidence of our marriage...good idea? Or if they have to physically get to our file to put it with it, wonder if there is a risk of being mis-placed, or just slowing us down? Appreciate any thought :)

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
MARLENA said:
In my case I send them 2 requests within the same week. The second request that's when I noticed ++.
It could be 2 defined in 2 ways 1- they are pissed off or 2- Indication of a 2nd request within the same week.
In my opinion, I didn't care I wanted to provided some important documents that they didn't received it when I sent my application.
However it doesn't slow down the process, it's quite the opposite it may help your case.
Thank you MARLENA for your response. We are exactly in the same situation - we just wish to send them the update to our application, but do not know how to mail the package without knowing the file number for sponsoring person. The information we wish to send is very valuable and by no means we want it to be lost or misplaced. What would you suggest in this case?
Thank you a lot.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Sadgirl when my file transferred from CIC-M to Damascus I had received the marriage certificate by mail and since I only provided record of solemnization when I sent my application and they wanted a true copy of the marriage certificate I had no choice but emailing Damascus embassy and attach the document. They responded very quickly and requested if I need to add any additional documents to send them as soon as possible which I did with my 2nd request but when they confirmed receiving additional documents for my 2nd request they had mentioned to not send anything anymore unless they requested. However I had noticed when they replied during 2nd request they had indicated ++. In my opinion Ariell and Suin is providing a good advice. In your case it's not an additional documents that you want to provide but rather asking about the status of your file which is completely different issue.
The only other suggestion is ordering CAIPS NOTES since it will take between 3 to 5 weeks before receiving them by that time you may have a good input on what's going on.
I know it's hard believe me I want through the same but I have to admit the luck played a big part in my file. Be patient and try to relax. The more you get anxious the more you find it will take time.

Good luck to all and believe in miracles!!!

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Suin don't send anything unless you receive AOR which will indicate your file #. You can send them as soon you receive your AOR or you can email them since your file will sit in the queue before an IO start working on it which at that time it will not be misplaced or lost and it would be the easiest way to include the information in the file. Also don't forget to put your name, your file #(when your receive it) and your date of birth on each document you attach or send. It must be the applicant information and the sponsor one.
Good luck!!!!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Thank you for your reply, MARLENA.
You advise us not to send any updated info before we receive the AOR? Unfortunately sometimes some offices do not send the AOR letter. But the info we have can really help our application - it was unavailable that time when we sent our file to Mississauga.
Please do advise us what to do

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Suin did you check your ecas to see if PR status changed to be read in process???? if yes it means the visa office abroad received your file which they should update the status to be read as the following:

We started processing xxxxxxxxxapplication on xxxxxxxxx.

Medical results have been received.

Sponsorship approval letter from CIC-M have a link as well (email address) where you can email the visa office abroad that you are dealing with your file.
Try to send 1st email requesting File # and let them know you still didn't receive AOR, at the same time ask them if you can send additional documents that you believe it's pertinent to your case and wait for their reply
When you had requested your file # inlcude in the email the name of the applicant with DOB.
Or the other option you can send directly an email to General Enquiry or Case Specific Enquiry at the visa office abroad which what I did and request the same as I mentioned previously.

Hope I didn't confuse u.

Good luck!!!

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin said:
Thank you for your reply, MARLENA.
You advise us not to send any updated info before we receive the AOR? Unfortunately sometimes some offices do not send the AOR letter. But the info we have can really help our application - it was unavailable that time when we sent our file to Mississauga.
Please do advise us what to do
If CIC wants you to send then you send, if they don't request additional documents...no need to send.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
It's all depends on what kind of documents you want to send!!!!. In my situation it was marriage certificate that I had not provided at first since at the time It was not received. I knew they will ask for it eventually and didn't want to wait. It's better to send it all in once especially at the beginning of the process.
Don't u agree!!!

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Suin said:
we also received email from the visa office with double ++ even. what this plus sign can mean? any ideas?
Suin if you had already received an email from the visa office abroad which means you have already sent an email????? If this the case, they should provided you with a File #????
Check the subject of your email and see if they had already indicated a number and you just perhaps missed it.