+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

when is criminality & security done - before or after MR request

Prneed

Apr 13, 2012
Hello

I got my police clearance on Feb'12 and recieved medicals in Apr'13. Are they gonna ask for another police clearance?
I assume they did the criminality & security before MR. I am waiting for my RRPF and PPR. Application submitted june'12

Please suggest

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Usually, they initiate the process on criminality which may require them to get in touch with foreign offices in respective countries. I have seen couple of cases where they have asked for Police Certificates, even after MR. It all depends on how quick response they get from those countries.

If i may ask, which country's PC have you submitted so far?

Prneed

Apr 13, 2012
InfoSeeker12 said:
Usually, they initiate the process on criminality which may require them to get in touch with foreign offices in respective countries. I have seen couple of cases where they have asked for Police Certificates, even after MR. It all depends on how quick response they get from those countries.

If i may ask, which country's PC have you submitted so far?
I have lived only in India and Canada. I submitted PCC for both (even though Canada PCC is optional)

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
If you have provided your PCCs pretty recently, and if they haven't lost it, there is no reason why they should ask it again.

Firstly, you may want to call CIC call center and check out what's holding back your application. I can't say if they are still working on your security check.

At the same time, if you haven't done yet, you may want to make the online ATIP request (aka GCMS) which will give you a clear idea if the progress on your security, criminality and background is all done. Below is the link:

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/

Rest assured, perhaps its just a matter of time before your PPR comes in. Just hang in there a bit more.
All the best.