+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When is 5th draw ????

tankthinks

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fl_pie said:
My opinion is this: they certainly have access to the data; however, I think they simply don't care. First of all, if they really wanted only PNP/LMIA candidates, they might have made having those a mandatory requirement, like the language test. If they only wanted candidates with a very high score, they could have implemented a minimum score for acceptance into the pool, like in Australian system. As the applicants, we worry a lot about our chances, other people in the pool, etc, so it may be difficult to see things from their point of view, which I'm pretty sure is rather indifferent. Somebody just has a schedule and follows it, like a bureaucrat, without thinking about the actual people involved in the process, as well as their scores. So that's my point of view - I think they have everything in place to "calibrate" the draws, but they simply don't care about it. As for the number of draws, I posted my theory a couple of pages back - I think the "real" draws were the 1st and the 4th. 3rd draw was just to correct CIC's mistake with CEC/FSW eligibility (I think some other people believe so, too). The 1st and the 2nd draws (that's my speculation) were one and the same draw, split in half for some reason, that's why the number of ITAs in the 1st and 2nd draws was exactly the same. So, from my theory, it looks like there were 2 draws: January 31 (1558 ITAs) and February 27 (1187 ITAs), and I'm not expecting anything until the end of March; also, it seems like a simple reasonable schedule - a draw at the end of each month. Anyway, just to be clear - it's all just my opinion that I felt like sharing, I might well be wrong and other people may interpret things differently.
I kinda agree with you. If CIC really only wants 600+ candidates then just make it as mandatory requirement that will save them so much more resource. But again... sometimes u can't use common sense to predict CIC behaviour ...

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
3 months in and the CRS has been rendered completely irrelevant so far. If you have an LMIA/PNP you're in, if not, you aren't - all other factors they give points for - age, education, language skills, work experience are meaningless so far

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaexpress2015 said:
Whenever the movers and shakers at CIC feel like doing it!!
would be funny if they had a draw on St Patrick's Day with a passing score of 317 and inviting 2015 people. :)

AndreasChen

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now the only possibility is that CIC wants to wait for all PNP applicants to be processed first.

PedDoc

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Ok guyz one more theory --> :p
.Hopefully this week we might see a draw.
I keep seeing messages that my profile is updated every weekend, my score is 940 .
I think CIC is skimming EE data to decide when to issue ITA and if adequate people are available with a job offer/PNP .
Thanks

anuragchigs

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
PedDoc said:
Ok guyz one more theory --> :p
.Hopefully this week we might see a draw.
I keep seeing messages that my profile is updated every weekend, my score is 940 .
I think CIC is skimming EE data to decide when to issue ITA and if adequate people are available with a job offer/PNP .
Thanks
Hey with 940 score, dont you already have the ITA ?

aaro27

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29/01/2016
I am so freaking scared now...these CIC people have no rule to follow...they haven't mentioned anywhere about:
- how many ITA to issue?
- when to conduct draws?
- or what cut off do they want to maintain

that is so insane..

IamTheWalrus

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
aaro27 said:
I am so freaking scared now...these CIC people have no rule to follow...they haven't mentioned anywhere about:
- how many ITA to issue?
- when to conduct draws?
- or what cut off do they want to maintain

that is so insane..
For how well organized other government departments and Canada in general is, it is a disgrace that an organization like CIC functions the way it does. Frequent changes in regulations, no consistency and no transparency. I guess they don't care about the demographic that has to deal with CIC because the majority demographic of voters (Canadian born citizens) will never have to deal with them.

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
Accurate. The CRA are an absolute pleasure to deal with, I submitted my tax return two weeks ago and got a refund paid directly into my account about a week later. I send my application by post to CIC last October... and it gets returned 4 months later without a word of correspondence in between. So not every large governmental body in Canada is terrible, just CIC

aaro27

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29/01/2016
i know right?
it is so disheartening to see that they are playing with our lives..we paid fees, studied so hard, paid taxes...followed law and order...and all i see is people with no canadian experience or anything so relevant gets their job done...

ANXIOUS1

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
I am very confused and I do not want to include another theory but I agree with the point that if they are targeting persons with over 600 points which is basically persons with PNP etc, then why accept applications with low points. It just build peoples' hopes and make it more difficult for CIC themselves.

But lets be optimistic and wait until later to see if it works out in our favour. I know how difficult this can be for us. I only have 289 points now as my birthday was earlier this mth and I lost 5 points for it. I do not know how competitive 289 points are.