+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When is 5th draw ????

cindy2006

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
fpnc2983 said:
looks like we need to wait for next weekend.

theyll draw 3rd and last week of this month -
I agree with you. The draw on February 7th is the makeup draw for the missing January draw. I guess Cic doesn't want to be a copycat to Australia skillselect draws, which are done in the middle and at the end of each month.

zhk

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
lol they pretty much copied the entire concept . They might as well copy the draw dates!

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
zhk said:
lol they pretty much copied the entire concept . They might as well copy the draw dates!
Unfortunately, the transparency got left out. :)

julian2ad

Feb 3, 2015
mrwait said:
hw do u knw that..? is it mentioned on the CIC website ?
its not like that dear.i found that all are guessing some or the other dates without any relevant data or logic,so those are all guesses only, not informed by anyone.please do accept my guess also ,we will reward the person with most accurate predictions :p :p :p ;D ;D ;D ;D

Umium

Dec 1, 2014
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now, a new prediction. I don't know how many of us will be invited but by the end of this year half of the applicant will definitely come par to Nostradamus.

If what problem boy said is true then that's a big problem. With more LMIA and PNP applicants applying each day the chances are getting dimmer.

problem boy

Oct 7, 2014
Umium said:
Now, a new prediction. I don't know how many of us will be invited but by the end of this year half of the applicant will definitely come par to Nostradamus.

If what problem boy said is true then that's a big problem. With more LMIA and PNP applicants applying each day the chances are getting dimmer.
as per my info, CIC will going to invite outsiders in May 2015.
but CIC policy can be changed any time..

julian2ad

Feb 3, 2015
problem boy said:
;Das per my info, CIC will going to invite outsiders in May 2015.
but CIC policy can be changed any time..
Oho come on CIC why are u fooling us yesterday only u told it will be on 15th niw u r telling prob boy its 31.thats not fair.i think CIC themselves is cobfused by lot many guess.now whether it will be on april 1st or so and later on they say it was aprilfool prank.... ;D ;D ;D :D

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
I've seen some people mention that the draw is delayed and that it must mean that CIC isn't happy with the current state of the pool, so I just wanted to post a differing opinion. I think that CIC doesn't care in the slightest about the state of the pool, the candidates' scores, etc. They're bureaucrats, they have target numbers and a schedule which they are going to execute. They never promised to do 2 draws per month or anything like it; they aren't delaying the draw because we don't know when the draw is supposed to happen in the first place. I think they're just waiting for the end of the month to do the draw (after all, the 2 biggest draws so far were tied to the last days of January and February), and that's all there is to it - not because they're waiting for more people with the higher scores, but just because it's their schedule. Their expectation of 15-25 draws for the year probably means "a draw per month plus some additional draws to fix any screwups". Also, I don't think the number of draws affects anyone's chances much - whatever the CIC's target number of ITAs is, it would remain the same no matter how many draws are made, it would just be bigger or smaller draws.

aaro27

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29/01/2016
fl_pie said:
I don't believe that the rate of new people applying with LMIAs/PNPs is anywhere near enough to keep the score from falling.
I wish so too..!!!

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
@fl_pie
They have clearly mentioned they will held "regular" draws. There are 4 draws in Feb, and so far, none in first 2 weeks of March. What does that mean to you?

I'm trying not to sound too much of a conspiracist, but they have access to the stats of the pool, they know how many people in the pool has PNP/LMIA/LMO. By the way it announces all the EE-related news, they clearly want people with a job or provincial support (To a point, I feel like they want to kick those without them out of Canada). So if they are not doing weekly/bi-weekly draws like previously, they might have realized they have overestimated amount of people current LMO and rate of Provincial governments giving nominations and ESDC giving LMIA approvals.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
There have also been comments here about producing more LMIA's, but if employers are getting lots of local applicants or just refusing to deal with the masses of red tape required to apply for LMIA's, then it really doesn't matter how many the government is willing to approve. Fewer LMIA's could be good news for all those who are unable to get job offers.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
mf4361 said:
@ fl_pie
They have clearly mentioned they will held "regular" draws. There are 4 draws in Feb, and so far, none in first 2 weeks of March. What does that mean to you?

I'm trying not to sound too much of a conspiracist, but they have access to the stats of the pool, they know how many people in the pool has PNP/LMIA/LMO. By the way it announces all the EE-related news, they clearly want people with a job or provincial support (To a point, I feel like they want to kick those without them out of Canada). So if they are not doing weekly/bi-weekly draws like previously, they might have realized they have overestimated amount of people current LMO and rate of Provincial governments giving nominations and ESDC giving LMIA approvals.
My opinion is this: they certainly have access to the data; however, I think they simply don't care. First of all, if they really wanted only PNP/LMIA candidates, they might have made having those a mandatory requirement, like the language test. If they only wanted candidates with a very high score, they could have implemented a minimum score for acceptance into the pool, like in Australian system. As the applicants, we worry a lot about our chances, other people in the pool, etc, so it may be difficult to see things from their point of view, which I'm pretty sure is rather indifferent. Somebody just has a schedule and follows it, like a bureaucrat, without thinking about the actual people involved in the process, as well as their scores. So that's my point of view - I think they have everything in place to "calibrate" the draws, but they simply don't care about it. As for the number of draws, I posted my theory a couple of pages back - I think the "real" draws were the 1st and the 4th. 3rd draw was just to correct CIC's mistake with CEC/FSW eligibility (I think some other people believe so, too). The 1st and the 2nd draws (that's my speculation) were one and the same draw, split in half for some reason, that's why the number of ITAs in the 1st and 2nd draws was exactly the same. So, from my theory, it looks like there were 2 draws: January 31 (1558 ITAs) and February 27 (1187 ITAs), and I'm not expecting anything until the end of March; also, it seems like a simple reasonable schedule - a draw at the end of each month. Anyway, just to be clear - it's all just my opinion that I felt like sharing, I might well be wrong and other people may interpret things differently.

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
fl_pie said:
My opinion is this: they certainly have access to the data; however, I think they simply don't care. First of all, if they really wanted only PNP/LMIA candidates, they might have made having those a mandatory requirement, like the language test. If they only wanted candidates with a very high score, they could have implemented a minimum score for acceptance into the pool, like in Australian system. As the applicants, we worry a lot about our chances, other people in the pool, etc, so it may be difficult to see things from their point of view, which I'm pretty sure is rather indifferent. Somebody just has a schedule and follows it, like a bureaucrat, without thinking about the actual people involved in the process, as well as their scores. So that's my point of view - I think they have everything in place to "calibrate" the draws, but they simply don't care about it. As for the number of draws, I posted my theory a couple of pages back - I think the "real" draws were the 1st and the 4th. 3rd draw was just to correct CIC's mistake with CEC/FSW eligibility (I think some other people believe so, too). The 1st and the 2nd draws (that's my speculation) were one and the same draw, split in half for some reason, that's why the number of ITAs in the 1st and 2nd draws was exactly the same. So, from my theory, it looks like there were 2 draws: January 31 (1558 ITAs) and February 27 (1187 ITAs), and I'm not expecting anything until the end of March; also, it seems like a simple reasonable schedule - a draw at the end of each month. Anyway, just to be clear - it's all just my opinion that I felt like sharing, I might well be wrong and other people may interpret things differently.
I agree with you. They have never said that they would be holding bi-weekly draws. Even there latest tweet says that the draw is expected in next few weeks...