+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

when i get my file number

zanyar

Oct 16, 2009
i every body thanx again that i share my speech here im realy appreciate and wana just if any body
tell me when i get my file number my application been approved in 8- october 2009 and been transfer
to syria damascus office i dont know when and how i get my file number ????

thanx for ur reply

Al.Abed

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
usually if your file was sent October 8 then it will get to damascus by october 15, and they will start processing within a few days and send you a letter with your file number. I would say you will get a letter by end of october.

you can call CIC CANADA here and if damascus started your application, they would tell you the file number

you can also check your status online with your client ID number that you got from the first part sponsorship from mississauga.

good luck!

Shkafto

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello. isnt all file numbers the same thing. Receipt number. Client # and there is another one coming up ? the resion i'm sayin this is because when i log on e-cas it has the same info..

Al.Abed

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
yes, for log-in purpose, they are all the same

the receipt/client ID is supposed to be for the SPONSOR to log in with his info
the Immigration file number is for the SPONSORED person to log in

but for questions/follow ups about the case, you would need the immigration file number.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Al.Abed said:
usually if your file was sent October 8 then it will get to damascus by october 15, and they will start processing within a few days and send you a letter with your file number. I would say you will get a letter by end of october.

you can call CIC CANADA here and if damascus started your application, they would tell you the file number

you can also check your status online with your client ID number that you got from the first part sponsorship from mississauga.

good luck!
do you know if they can give more info about how the application process goes on? do they in cic have access to it?
thank you

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The sponsored person can also log in with his personal client ID if he has it. It is not designated specifically for either one as each person will have their own.

Al.Abed said:
the receipt/client ID is supposed to be for the SPONSOR to log in with his info
the Immigration file number is for the SPONSORED person to log in