+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When filing a child at a later date........

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Question for a friend. A friend of mine is filing common law...and her spouse has a son back in St Lucia. The mother will not let the son come but he wants to put him on the paper work anyways. So question...when your putting a child on the file to be filed at a later date..what is required to be sent in. Just the medical...or other things as well. If someone could please get back to me I would appreciate it. Thanks so much

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SmoothiesQueen said:
Question for a friend. A friend of mine is filing common law...and her spouse has a son back in St Lucia. The mother will not let the son come but he wants to put him on the paper work anyways. So question...when your putting a child on the file to be filed at a later date..what is required to be sent in. Just the medical...or other things as well. If someone could please get back to me I would appreciate it. Thanks so much
Check your visa office specific form at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp - at the very least, you'll need to send passport info, birth certificate and photos in addition to the medical.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Actually, a copy of the passport isn't required when a child is designated non-accompanying, but he will have to undergo medical examination to protect his right to be sponsored at any time in the future - should this be desired or necessary. If he does not undergo examination now, the child is forever exempted from inclusion in the Family Class and cannot be sponsored.