+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When Fall (SP) decisions usually start to come out?

Ahmed09990

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Hey, I would like to know when students usually started to receive decisions on Study Permit Visa for the Fall session?

lamnt0702

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Hey, I would like to know when students usually started to receive decisions on Study Permit Visa for the Fall session?
From 14 weeks to 18 weeks depending on the location your application submitted. Make a check on the IRCC website.

lamnt0702

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
No, I meant which month they started giving decisions if classes start from September.
I do not think VO would care that much abt us, they still try to process our application as fast as they could, but it does not mean you applied for Sep intake as well as they must give a decision at least before you start your course. Me too, I am afraid I could not get the approval before Sep (I submitted my Non-SDS application on 14th April), I am thinking about sending an email letter to the college if it happens.

Last edited:

Ahmed09990

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
I do not think VO would care that much abt us, they still try to process our application as fast as they could, but it does not mean you applied for Sep intake as well as they must give a decision at least before you start your course. Me too; I am afraid I could not get the approval before Sep (I submitted my Non-SDS application on 14th April), I am thinking about sending an email letter to the college if it happens.
I see you applied on 14th April. I applied last year. It has been more than 8 months for me. Still, I'm waiting, LOL

Reactions: lamnt0702

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I see you applied on 14th April. I applied last year. It has been more than 8 months for me. Still, I'm waiting, LOL
I think this depends mostly on the country you applied from, and if your file is being handled by local VO or Ottawa. I applied in Feb from South Africa and I got approval after 8 weeks. I probably could have gotten my approval within 4 weeks but they requested PCC which took 4 weeks to get. I received PPR less than 48 hours after I submitted the PCC. Mind you, the processing time for SA as at the time I submitted was 19 weeks!

Seems like countries with a lot of applicants take a lot longer.

Reactions: lamnt0702