+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When does rejections usually happen??

aj355

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
You may want to read following posts:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reasons-for-rejection-t306713.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t471561.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t471561.0.html
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eJ3TNRGHbAOrqvjSrbMgfep6JmIHc0lS48hm89-zIlc/edit

slw

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-17
AOR Received.
30-01-17
Med's Done....
27-02-17
Passport Req..
18-04-17
LANDED..........
28-04-17
From what I understand here are some stages where most of the rejection/cancellation happens

-R10 completeness check: missing/incorrect PPC, missing employment letters or employment letters without all the information (eg. not mentioning the responsibilities/duties), missing CELPIP certificate (although sometimes they are forgiving and will ask you for it). However if something is missing they will most likely cancel it instead of rejecting you. You will get the refund and you will have to re-entry the pool and go through the whole process again.

-A112 assessment: the points you claimed and the information you submitted do no match (eg. employment letter doesn't support NOC code). If they feel that some of the points you claimed are not valid they will recalculate your CRS and if the number goes below the CRS minimum for that draw then you will be rejected. If you paid for both fees you will get the right for permanent residency refunded and again you will have to re-entry the pool and do it all again.

However rejection can happen at any point. Here is a nice summary for reasons for rejection http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t471670.0.html

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
slw said:
From what I understand here are some stages where most of the rejection/cancellation happens

-R10 completeness check: missing/incorrect PPC, missing employment letters or employment letters without all the information (eg. not mentioning the responsibilities/duties), missing CELPIP certificate (although sometimes they are forgiving and will ask you for it). However if something is missing they will most likely cancel it instead of rejecting you. You will get the refund and you will have to re-entry the pool and go through the whole process again.

-A112 assessment: the points you claimed and the information you submitted do no match (eg. employment letter doesn't support NOC code). If they feel that some of the points you claimed are not valid they will recalculate your CRS and if the number goes below the CRS minimum for that draw then you will be rejected. If you paid for both fees you will get the right for permanent residency refunded and again you will have to re-entry the pool and do it all again.

However rejection can happen at any point. Here is a nice summary for reasons for rejection http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t471670.0.html
thanks,i believe that mostly happens in the first month or so right?

slw

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-17
AOR Received.
30-01-17
Med's Done....
27-02-17
Passport Req..
18-04-17
LANDED..........
28-04-17
Depends on your stream but for instance CEC:

R10 happens 1-2 months after AOR
A112 can happen at any stage. This is not confirmed, just my observations and thoughts, but sometimes they do A112 before pcc check and sometimes they hold onto doing the check until the pcc are clear. So I believe that this can happen at any point.

So in this case no news means good news.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Wolverine17 said:
thanks,i believe that mostly happens in the first month or so right?
No, not necessarily. I closely follow rejections.. I recently saw a CEC case getting cancelled after 3 months, after medical passed due to missing reference letter with job duties. Another case too was cancelled after 3+ months due to PCC issues.

Rejection can happen any time till one gets their passport stamped with CoPR. But 3 to 4 months is the peak time after eAPR from my observation.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Lets assume that someone chose an NOC based on the best of his abilities. The NOC is an A category. However the case officer decides that the NOC should be another one - Perhaps an O, A or B. SInce there is no change in points, will they let it go or could it be a reason for rejection?

I understand if someone claimed an A NOC and it turned out to be a C NOC, then its natural if they reject it since C does not qualify. But if the variance in NOC does not change the total points, will they let it pass or will they reject it?

And yes, I need to add that there is no PNP involved. I'm talking about a direct ITA.

Thoughts?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
johnsyk said:
Lets assume that someone chose an NOC based on the best of his abilities. The NOC is an A category. However the case officer decides that the NOC should be another one - Perhaps an O, A or B. SInce there is no change in points, will they let it go or could it be a reason for rejection?

I understand if someone claimed an A NOC and it turned out to be a C NOC, then its natural if they reject it since C does not qualify. But if the variance in NOC does not change the total points, will they let it pass or will they reject it?

And yes, I need to add that there is no PNP involved. I'm talking about a direct ITA.

Thoughts?
Your responsibilities in the reference letter needs to be aligned the NOC that you claim in your application. If not they will reject. They won't cross check if it is part of any other NOC. They won't care about skill level of NOC.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
I think most of us do try and align the responsibilities to the NOC. However, everyone knows that's its practically impossible many times to even get a 60% match since jobs and responsibilities are not always clear cut and sometimes a persons job is a mix of two different NOCs.

comfortablynumb

Feb 23, 2017
Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
johnsyk said:

Thoughts?

This is what has been bugging me for the past few months. When no PNP is involved there should be no reason for rejection if the NOC falls under 0 A or B. A person will try to select the NOC best suited for his job. They should understand this instead of rejecting the application.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
johnsyk said:
I think most of us do try and align the responsibilities to the NOC. However, everyone knows that's its practically impossible many times to even get a 60% match since jobs and responsibilities are not always clear cut and sometimes a persons job is a mix of two different NOCs.
Yeah, we can do our best to be close to it. I believe the they cannot research for an alternate noc if your noc is not matching with duties. You would know that it's overlapping because you know about your profession, and would spend a lot of time of finding what is what. They might just look if it's matching or not and move on. May not take extra pains to find what's the real one.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
DEEPCUR said:
No, not necessarily. I closely follow rejections.. I recently saw a CEC case getting cancelled after 3 months, after medical passed due to missing reference letter with job duties. Another case too was cancelled after 3+ months due to PCC issues.

Rejection can happen any time till one gets their passport stamped with CoPR. But 3 to 4 months is the peak time after eAPR from my observation.
Medicals passed does that refer to medicals only or other criteria as well?also am wondering about the review of eligibility status,when does that change?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Wolverine17 said:
Medicals passed does that refer to medicals only or other criteria as well?also am wondering about the review of eligibility status,when does that change?
Only medicals, nothing else.

Review of eligibility status is the only genuine good sign. People can be rejected after that only if they have something negative in BG.. like hiding prior visa refusals, not listing out trips to countries that would have warranted PCCs etc.