when could i expect a draw or invite ?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fossy said:
stay happy he says lol , you ever try living a year on 0 income and have to pay your bills everyday ?

but on a different note

looking threw all the point maximums and my scores

Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute 112 120

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years 119 128

i have always picked the bachelor degree one but now im wondering of i could possibly pick the other one instead (8 more points)

im licensed journeyman mechanic in germany (3,5 years apprenticeship) and also wrote my journeyman mechanic test here in canada (the endtest for apprenticeship here) which granted me the redseal ticket here , so would that qualify as 2 diplomas ?!?!!?
Did you have to study for at least 1 year at university to get that qualification ? If not, then probably not.

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
Hey Fossy,

Read the following thread, be sure to read the article and watch the video:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ee-draws-explanation-for-high-crs-requirments-and-small-number-of-invitations-t447871.0.html

I honestly think that the CRS point requirement will drop dramatically in the next 3-4 draws. I don't want to give you a false sense of hope, but hey you never know.

Cheers! ;D
Moelaghil

fossy

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
istari said:
Did you have to study for at least 1 year at university to get that qualification ? If not, then probably not.
back home was normal 3,5 year apprentice school (3 weeks working 1 week school)

and here in canada i was told if i feel confident i could just write the exam which i did and wrote the redseal exam (which is the bigger one then the provincial exam for automotive mechanics) and passed it with 95%

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fossy said:
back home was normal 3,5 year apprentice school (3 weeks working 1 week school)

and here in canada i was told if i feel confident i could just write the exam which i did and wrote the redseal exam (which is the bigger one then the provincial exam for automotive mechanics) and passed it with 95%
Honestly, I'm not sure how the system works for trade certificates.
But having just done a little bit of reading on Red Seal, it seems to me that the Red Seal is a certification (like an endorsement), not a qualification.
So no, I don't think it counts as a second certificate.

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
Send both your certificates for ECA and you'll see, that's the best way to find out. You have to do it anyway if you want to claim points for your education. All depends on what the ECA report says.
Good luck

fossy

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
Bobbieleigh said:
Send both your certificates for ECA and you'll see, that's the best way to find out. You have to do it anyway if you want to claim points for your education. All depends on what the ECA report says.
Good luck
the red seal isnt a endorsement its your end certificate after you have done all your hours and in the apprenticeship here in canada , the only reason they gave me the option to write it right away was that i had at the time over 5 years of expirience in the trade already otherwise i woulde have to go to school before they would have aloud me to write the test

on my first try i didnt need the ECA in order to get the points credited for the education cause it states in there description it wouldnt be required if i have a canadian certificate

Who needs an ECA?
If you have a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate, you do not need to get an ECA for that credential.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fossy said:
the red seal isnt a endorsement its your end certificate after you have done all your hours and in the apprenticeship here in canada , the only reason they gave me the option to write it right away was that i had at the time over 5 years of expirience in the trade already otherwise i woulde have to go to school before they would have aloud me to write the test

on my first try i didnt need the ECA in order to get the points credited for the education cause it states in there description it wouldnt be required if i have a canadian certificate

Who needs an ECA?
If you have a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate, you do not need to get an ECA for that credential.
Well, no one on the forum seems to have been in the situation before.
So I think you have 2 choices: either continue selecting 1 Bachelor's degree, or select "Two or more..." and see if your application is rejected.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
fossy said:
thats effin stupid ! how they expect people to get these kinda numbers ?
They don't. They changed their focus to families and refugees. They pick the number of people they want each invitation round, and then the score goes up to whatever number is needed to pick the target.

They know exactly how many applicants they will accept, and they have decided they don't want most of them.

Innana

Nov 20, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2016
Med's Request
Feb 6
Med's Done....
Feb 17
Passport Req..
May 30
VISA ISSUED...
June 13
LANDED..........
July 09
kateg said:
They don't. They changed their focus to families and refugees. They pick the number of people they want each invitation round, and then the score goes up to whatever number is needed to pick the target.

They know exactly how many applicants they will accept, and they have decided they don't want most of them.
That's very sad but very accurate.