+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When CIC start backround check? (after AOR) OR (after reciving medicals)

robert_deeni

Star Member
Nov 22, 2009
Dear All

If any of you know about the following please advice:

When CIC offices start doing background check is it immediately after the AOR OR they wait until they receive our medicals report.

Thanks

lands

Jan 28, 2010
I think it depends on the local VISA office. CIC in Canada probably does a background check too...but not sure..maybe the seniors might have a better answer..

I

iarblue

Back ground checks are done anytime they like.Mississauga checks to see if your police report is ok and valid as your medicals then send it off.then the visa office does all the checks thats why it takes 60 days in mississauga and 6 months in the visa office.
So before you AOR it is just to make sure all is valid.And that your app is in order they do not go into full checks.

robert_deeni

Star Member
Nov 22, 2009
thanks all.

Just to mention that my application is with ABU Dhabi Visa office, and my question is when Abu Dhabi office starting security backround after they will send us the AOR of after they will get our medical report

Thaks

I

iarblue

Your AOR comes from mississauga then they send your app to your visa office and then they will do the checks,so after mississauga finds that you are approved to sponsor they will send a letter to you stating that they have forwarded your app to your visa office and that is who does the checks.
You can log on to Ecas to check your process with your recipt from your payment for fees.Or when your AOR comes from mississauga there wil be a client number there for you to use.
Once it is in your visa office they will send you a letter stating they started processing your ap and they will give you a B number but you still use your client number to log into ECAS ok.\
Hope this helps

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The background check (that is, the security check involving Canada's security agency) is ordinarily the last thing they do, even after the interview. They're hoping they can find some other reason to reject you before they involve another Canadian agency.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your AOR is sent from the Visa post assessing your application for PR when they begin processing your file. Mississaugas sends you the approval of sponsorship (or denial), not an AOR. If you are the sponsor, you do not get an AOR, the person you are sponsoring does. And not all visa offices send an AOR although they are supposed to. London is one office that many complain about having to harrass to get a file number.

Background checks "normally" are initiated when the visa post begins processing of the file. But "lands" is right, that it can depend somewhat on the visa post and their internal procedures.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robert_deeni said:
any more advice please
In fact there are 3 kinds of checks on each applicant, which are the part of the process of PR. The visa processing office take a final decision only after successful completion of these procedures which are internally done and no one knows exactly when, how and where these checks are carried out. :-

Background check is done by visa post processing application with cooperation of visa posts where your education and experience credentials are from - this task verifies your claims and authenticity of documents.

Security check is done by Canadian intelligence and security agencies, with or without cooperation of proper authorities in countries you lived/stayed in, and it is done completely independently from CIC - CIC only gets result, which will be positive or negative, without any explanation (as it is classified). This task looks deep into your life, activities and associations to find out if you are/were involved or are/were associated in any way with anyone who is/was involved in espionage, terrorism, organized crime, radical movements, crimes against humanity, war crimes, etc..

Criminal check looks into your police certificates and verifies with relevant countries to see if you have a criminal record that may make you inadmissible to Canada.

nilufar

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Hey do they also check fathers past job? and do they check it before medical or after bc my husbands medical expired in nov 2009 and i still havent got no remedical yet they just said its in background check in april

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
nilufar said:
Hey do they also check fathers past job? and do they check it before medical or after bc my husbands medical expired in nov 2009 and i still havent got no remedical yet they just said its in background check in april
visa cannot be issued without a valid medical, you can opt to do one now, or wait until they request it, if it were me i would do it now to save time :)

lands

Jan 28, 2010
The only downside to doing it now is that, if they do not call for it for more than a year you might have to do it again..but such situations are very seldom...so I agree with lois..

May 25, 2010
Indiana
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
11-06-2010
That is why in my opinion it's best to send in your application package right after you get your medicals done. That way you make the most of that one year validity.

irajmirza

Star Member
Aug 26, 2009
Nilufar,

are you sponsoring your husband inland or outland? it seems that we are in the same situation and also from the same country. these back ground checks I believe depends mostly on nationality. what do you think. If you are Iranian, is it possible to give me your email please.

thanks

nilufar

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
hi im sponsoring my husband frm pakistan i live in canada and its been 17 months noww,, i got a email frm my mp and she said its in background check soo i dunoo how long its gana take,, my husband lives in afghanistan right now but in the papers i wrote he lives in pakistan also and went to school their, and for his re-medical i think i shud wait til i get a email or letter to say have his re-medical done:)