+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When CIC check the completeness of application ??

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
I sent my PR application for renewal on last month and the same received on May 20, 2015. My question did CIC open and check the completeness of the documents and the application at the time of receiving or i will have to wait almost 88 day (Last updated Processing time for renew PR card) to know whether my documents and application is complete or some missing documents should be added.

Jerry1410

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Can we share with us on which date you sent the application and on which date did CIC received it.
Did CIC send you a letter saying that they received it or you verified from the Courier company that it was delivered to CIC on that day.

Last update: June 20, 2015
(Working on applications received up to April 13, 2015)
96 calendar days

Today the info is as above. What this means is that if the application was sent before April 13 it was resting in the Inbox till June 20, i.e. nearly 2 months and it will take up to 96 calendar days, i.e. nearly 3 months for processing. So totally it is a time duration of 5 months.

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Jerry1410 said:
Can we share with us on which date you sent the application and on which date did CIC received it.
Did CIC send you a letter saying that they received it or you verified from the Courier company that it was delivered to CIC on that day.

Last update: June 20, 2015
(Working on applications received up to April 13, 2015)
96 calendar days

I sent it in may 18 and received through courier by CIC on may 20as per courier confirmation and given the name of receiver. .

Today the info is as above. What this means is that if the application was sent before April 13 it was resting in the Inbox till June 20, i.e. nearly 2 months and it will take up to 96 calendar days, i.e. nearly 3 months for processing. So totally it is a time duration of 5 months.

Jerry1410

Star Member
May 17, 2015
So what you got is a courier company acknowledgement and not a letter from the CIC itself.
Generally they will not send a letter that soon