+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When can you usually expect a PPR after BVL?

Ayesha9999

Jul 20, 2022
I applied from Pakistan (non-SDS). My timeline so far is:

Application submitted: 24th May
Biometric Letter: 24th May
Biometrics Done and Updated: 30th May
Medical Letter Received: 30th June
Medical Passed: 14th July
BVL Received: 20th July

It says, "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" and "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" on the portal.

I did some research and figured out that BVL means a decision has been made (although it could be positive or negative, but hopefully praying for a positive decision) so when should I be expecting a response? Some posts said 1-2 days but idk if that is true or not. I would appreciate some insight on this! Thank you

tyja567

Jul 17, 2022
I applied from Pakistan (non-SDS). My timeline so far is:

Application submitted: 24th May
Biometric Letter: 24th May
Biometrics Done and Updated: 30th May
Medical Letter Received: 30th June
Medical Passed: 14th July
BVL Received: 20th July

It says, "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" and "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" on the portal.

I did some research and figured out that BVL means a decision has been made (although it could be positive or negative, but hopefully praying for a positive decision) so when should I be expecting a response? Some posts said 1-2 days but idk if that is true or not. I would appreciate some insight on this! Thank you
A friend of mine got his ppr next day after BVL.
I also applied from Pakistan.
SDS
Applied on 17 june
Biometric on 20 june
Medical updated 20 june
Review started 23 june
Still waiting for the decision

Ayesha9999

Jul 20, 2022
can you please share timeline of your friend's visa. Because my eligibility review started on 23 june. But I haven't received my decision yet
application submitted: 8th may
biometric: 11th may
upfront medical
bvl and ppr: 21st july

she said she doesn't remember exactly when her eligibility review started

tyja567

Jul 17, 2022
application submitted: 8th may
biometric: 11th may
upfront medical
bvl and ppr: 21st july

she said she doesn't remember exactly when her eligibility review started
Idk what's taking so long in my case. Me and my friend have same profile and she got her ppr on 14 june. I even paid full program fee for my master course at UBC Vancouver and no Gap.

Ayesha9999

Jul 20, 2022
Idk what's taking so long in my case. Me and my friend have same profile and she got her ppr on 14 june. I even paid full program fee for my master course at UBC Vancouver and no Gap.
wait for a little while, hopefully you'll get a positive decision soon. where did u get your bvl from, like which visa office? mine came from abu dhabi